Results (Short Chapter)

POV: Kaz

Location: Toman Elementary

We arrived at the school as the bell rang for the children to be dismissed. I stepped out with Zora and we both leaned against the car as we waited for the children. Takashi was the first one out and he jogged to the car. "Good evening! How was the meeting?" He asked as he looked at his shoes. 

"Is it okay to discuss it when we get home? I wanna tell everyone together." I asked as I patted his head. 

"Of course." He nodded as he leaned next to me. Next came Kei and he was walking out with another boy. 

"There's my wife. I have to go, Chifuyu!" Kei all but yelled as he sprinted to me, not giving the boy a chance to respond. "Hello, beautiful! How was the important meeting?" He grinned at me as he stood in front of me. 

"She's going to tell us at the same time," Takashi spoke causing Kei to nod. He then wiggled his way between Takashi and I, causing me to laugh as I moved over towards Zora. 

"Taka-chan, y-you left your jacket in class." A small boy with blue hair spoke to Takashi. 

"Oh, thanks Hakkai. I was so excited to hear how the meeting went, I must've forgotten it." He grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"N-no problem," Hakkai said as he glanced at me a couple of times before running off to a girl. 

"One of your friends?" I asked as I watched the girl mock the boy. 

"Yeah, I help him with his work sometimes." Takashi glanced at the siblings fondly. Next was Pah, he walked out talking animately with another boy. I caught the ending where Pah stated that he'd name his dog Pochi if he had one. He simply said bye to the boy before walking over and standing beside Zora. I walked over and gently patted his head. 

"How was your day?" I asked as I crouched down. 

"Fine. Peh and I talked about what kinds of pets we would get." He spoke lowly and I nodded for him to continue. 

"I'd like a dog named Pochi." He finished quietly. 

"That's stupid! A dog's name should be Dagger or Bite, not a stupid snack food." Kei all but yelled as he stepped towards us. 

"It's called Pocky, Baji," Takashi spoke as he walked closer to us. 

"Let's go! We need to talk about the meeting." Mikey suddenly said as he was behind us. The other three boys behind him. 

"Mmhmm, but first let's get snacks," I said as I held the door open for them to climb in. Mikey's personality did a whole 360° as he skipped towards the open door, singing "do-ra-ya-ki" under his breath. 

**********************************************************************************************

We all got snacks and decided to head home. I entered the house and Keishen greeted me. "Welcome home Kaz, children." He spoke as he held the door open. 

"Hi Shen, have Diablo and Keiji made it back yet?" I asked as I hugged him. 

"Yeah, the old bat is in his office with Keiji. They're discussing some meetings or something like that." He said as we walked to the living room, Zora popping up from out of nowhere. 

"Okay guys, let me tell you the results of the meeting," I told the children as we all sat down. 

Chapter Word Total: 559

A short chapter. In the next chapter, Kaz will tell the boys how the meeting went.