Chapter 3

- A M E L I A  P A R K E R -

I woke up extra early today because I felt like walking to campus. It's about a 45 minute walk, but the cool breeze felt so nice that I just couldn't ignore it.

The weather has dropped a bit over the past couple of days, so the outfit I'm wearing is a cropped white knitted sweater with mom jeans. I left my curls out as they fall down my back and fly around in the wind as I walk down the street towards campus. It did get a bit chilly, but the weather is still so beautiful. The sun is out and I'm focusing on the little heat that it's giving me considering that the clouds are covering majority of the beautiful sun.

Thankfully, I didn't see Mr. Stewart this morning so I was able to leave my apartment without having to worry about being touched by him.

I put my earbuds in and I'm about to eat the sandwich in my hand, but then I see a little boy sitting on the side of the sidewalk. He's covered in dirt and is playing with a stick in front of him. I frown and walk up to him. He sees me walking up to him and he flinches when I squat down in front of him. "Hi! I'm Amelia Parker!" I shoot my hand out for him to shake, but then he flinches again. My heart clenches as memories start to creep up in my mind, but I quickly shake them out. "I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise." I hand him my sandwich and he looks at it questionably.

"You must be hungry, here." I push the sandwich closer to him and he hesitantly takes it out of my hand. Once it's no longer in my possession, he quickly unwraps it and starts devouring it. A tear threatens to spill, but I suck it back in.

Poor thing.

"Feel better?" I ask him. He stops mid chew to look up at me. He slowly nods and I smile. He is so young. The poor thing looks to be about maybe seven or eight. I wonder where his parents are? "What's your name?" I ask the young boy. He looks back down to the sandwich and takes another bite, ignoring me. Understandable. He's probably been through a lot. I slowly start to stand back up and he watches me. "Would it be okay if I come back tomorrow and bring you another sandwich?" He quickly nods his head and I smile and hesitate a bit before walking away.

I will definitely bring him another sandwich tomorrow. I wish I also had money to give him.

My stomach starts to growl, but I ignore it and make my way to campus. I'll find something to eat when I get there.

~~~

I'm sitting in my English class right now and Jason comes up the steps to sit next to me. He gives me one of his dashing smiles and I blush. Very handsome indeed, but not as handsome as the green eyed man that refuses to tell me his name.

Weirdo.

A very handsome weirdo.

Knock it off.

"Guess what." I whisper to Jason. He looks at me and smiles. "What?" I bite my bottom lip to hide in my excitement. "I got a job at the library!" I whisper shout. He looks at me for moment before laughing. I frown. "What?" He looks at me and continues laughing. "I'm sorry." He says in between breaths. "I just didn't expect that. I thought it was something more...well more than a job at the library." I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "Well dumbie, I told you that I loved books so I got a job at a place filled with books. I thought you would be happy for me, but I guess not." I huff and turn to face the front of the class.

Jason bumps my arm and says, "Awe I'm sorry, Amelia. I am very happy for you. I'll definitely be sure to visit you when you're putting away dusty old books." He puts a hand over his mouth to stop him from laughing. I glare at him, but then start laughing myself. I love seeing other people happy. It makes me want to hug them.