Chapter 4

- A M E L I A P A R K E R -

It's the next morning and I wake up earlier than usual and make some sandwiches, placing them in a little lunch box along with some water bottles and animal crackers. I don't have much, but this should be enough for the little boy for at least two days.

After packing the lunchbox, I grab an apple for myself along with my keys and phone and head out the door making sure to lock it behind me. I'm walking down the hall and down the stairs to head outside, but then I bump into Mr. Stewart. I look up to him to see him smirking at me. I immediately look back down and clear my throat before speaking, "Good morning, Mr. Stewart. How has your morning been so far?" I ask to be nice. I then feel his skinny fingers play with the hem of my dress. "Good now that you're here." I shiver and move away from his touch. "Have a good day, Mr. Stewart." I say before darting out of the building. I let out a breath of fresh hair once I make it outside. The warm morning sun instantly hits my caramel skin and I close my eyes to soak in the amazing heat.

The weather today is so nice that I decided to wear a pretty floral dress. It's a bit tight and clings onto my toned stomach and round butt and the bust of the dress slightly has my breast hanging out, but this is one of my favorite dresses so I decided to show it off. I also love how it flows at the ends, so when I turn it flings around.

I walk down the sidewalk until I recognize the building I saw the boy sitting in front of yesterday. And there he is. Sitting at the same exact spot as yesterday. He finally notices me and I see a slight smile form on his lips before it quickly goes away. I start walking up to him and sit down right next to him. He doesn't flinch. That's a good sign.

"Good morning!" I say with a bright smile. He just looks at me and then to the lunch box in my hand. "Oh!" I quickly give him the lunch box. "This is for you." He takes the lunchbox and opens it. His eyes widen and then he looks back to me. I give him a nod to let him know that it is in fact for him. This time, he smiles at me. He actually smiles at me. I want to cry. I want to hug him, but I don't want to scare him away. He takes out one of the sandwiches and starts unwrapping it taking a huge bite out of it. I laugh. "Be sure to wash down the food with the water, okay?" He nods and then takes out one of the water bottles to wash down his food. I then take out the wipes I also packed in the lunchbox and ask him if I can wipe his face. He smiles at me and I start wiping his dirty cheeks and forehead.

He is a very adorable kid. His hair is a dark brown color, almost black, and he has brown puppy dog eyes. He is very skinny probably due to being so malnourished. Once I cleaned his entire face, he has already finished his sandwich and is going in for the animal crackers. I stay with him for a few more minutes until I'm sure he's done with his food. After he's finished with everything, I stay a bit longer and he lets me. We just sit on the steps of this abandoned building in silence. I check my phone to see that I need to start heading out if I want to make it to the library. I stand up and face down at the little boy to see that he looks a little sad. "I'll be back tomorrow with more food, okay?" He nods at me and I give him a genuine smile before walking down the street.

I show up at the library 40 minutes later. Walking inside the library, I immediately see Mrs. Fane on the ladder trying to place books in the high shelf. "Oh Mrs. Fane let me help!" I run up to her and hold onto the ladder to keep it steady. "You're an angel, darling." She says as she starts to climb down. She checks her watch and looks up to me with furrowed brows. "You're shift doesn't start for another 20 minutes, Amelia." I just shrug and say, "I know, but I like being here. It's my safe place." She smiles at me and nods telling me what need's to be done.

My shift is only three hours everyday, but I like to stay longer and do as much stuff possible. Sometimes I even like to be here just to talk to Mrs. Fane.