Epilouge

1 year later...

- G R A Y S O N  W O L F E -

I'm sitting in my office right now looking at the portrait of Lia that's hanging on the wall. I haven't been getting much sleep lately.

You can't blame me though.

It's almost 10am and I know that Milo is awake now. I get up from my seat and leave my office but not before pressing a kiss on the portrait.

"I love you Lia." I say before closing my office door.

I remember Lia telling one time that her and Milo established that his birthday would be the day that she saved him.

Well that's today.

Milo is 7 years old today and he wanted to go to the lake.

So that's where we're going to right now.

I've been taking care of Milo ever since Lia left and honestly, I don't mind. I like taking care of Milo. It's like a piece of Lia is still with me.

We're both in the car now heading to the lake and I turn to look at Milo.

"Is there anything else you want for your birthday besides going to the lake?" I ask him as I pull into the parks parking lot.

He just shrugs his shoulders while looking out the window, "No this is fine for me."

We've both been off ever since last year. I would wake up to him screaming at night because he missed her so much.

I missed her too.

I still do.

I turn off the car and turn to face Milo again but he's already getting out of the car.

Sighing, I take off my seat belt and start to follow him.

I'm walking right behind him as we're walking through the park and then towards the trees leading to the lake.

I haven't been here since Lia and I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

I stop in my tracks and Milo turns to look at me.

"Grayson?"

"I'm okay. Just give me a minute." I tell him as I lean against a tree taking a few deep breaths.

Fuck I can't do this.

"Hey I'm just gonna stay at the park and wait for you."

Milo gives me a sad look and I have to look away.

"I'm okay Milo." I assure him as I look back at him.

"Okay." He says quietly before turning around and walking away.

I take a deep breath before pulling myself from the tree and start walking back to the park. I take two steps before I hear Milo yell my name.

"Grayson!"

I've never turned around and ran so fast in my life.

Taking out my gun, I start running through the trees until I see Milo standing there staring at something.

Not something...

Someone.

I stop right behind Milo not believing my eyes.

I blink a few times but the sight in front of me is still there.

Long curly hair now shoulder length. Tan skin that glows in the sun. Beautiful dark brown eyes staring into my green ones.

"Lia." I whisper. Taking a step forward.

She smiles and I see a tear fall from her left eye.

"G."

*****
THE END!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING HIS GIRL!! IT MEANS SO MUCH THAT YALL LOVE THIS BOOK

MANY KISSES TO ALL OF YOU.