Chapter 15

- A M E L I A  P A R K E R -

"G."

I remember everything. Everything my parents did to me. Some things I wish I didn't remember. It's all too much. All this new information...well I guess old information that's now all coming back at once. I know what's going to happen next. I know and I'm not even scared. Seeing Grayson's hopeful expression after I called him G, it makes my heart swell with so many emotions. I've known him for years, I loved him.

I stick my hand out for him to grab and he immediately takes it. I pull him to the bed and he slides underneath me with Milo pressed against my side. We just lay here in silence.

After a few moments, Milo is softly snoring next to me but I know Grayson is still awake and I want to say something. Anything. I lick my lips and clear my throat before speaking.

"I'm sorry I didn't remember you, G." I choke on a sob. "Something happened to me when I was young and I—"

He shushes me and kisses my tangled curls. "I know. Just get some sleep okay?" I nod and close my eyes to him massaging my head. It's nice, being in the arms of the boy who mad my heart flutter like it just might beat too hard out of my chest. I sigh and drift off into the abyss of the warmth and smoke scent that is my G.

The sun is blazing on my tan skin and I close my eyes to embrace the warmth I'm feeling. G is behind me playing with my hair and I can hear the ducks quacking and splashing in the lake.

"You really like my hair don't ya, G?" I tease as I lean more into him with my eyes still closed.

"I love your hair, Lia." I can feel him doing a braid and I smile. "You always smell like strawberries." Then he goes in to smell my hair.

"Weirdo." I giggle when he sticks his nose into my hair and takes a big whiff.

He finishes the braid and now we're just sitting next to each other on the grass and looking out onto the lake.

I grab G's iPod and play my favorite song in the whole world, Can't Help Falling in Love by Kina Grannis. I place the iPod back down and get up from my sitting position. I start swirling around in my dress and pretend I'm dancing with a partner. I do anther swirl and land right into G's arms.

"G what are you doing?" I giggle as he spins me around.

"Dancing with you." I feel my face heat up when I see the smile on his face. I laugh even more when we both start spinning around.

"But iiiii can'ttt help falling in loveeeee withhhh youuuu" I sing out loud as I wrap my arms around G and he spins me around in circles.

The music slowly dies down and we stop dancing. We're looking into each other's eyes and I stop breathing. My heart is beating super fast and my face is burning up. We're very close and so I do the only thing I can think of.

"Tag you're it!" I hit his shoulder and start running away. I hear him scream my name but I keep on running while laughing. I'm like the flash he can't catch me—

"Gotchu!" I scream when he wraps his arms around me.

Ugh I thought I was faster then him.

"How did you catch me!? I'm super fast!" I pout as he laughs.

"You barely made it past the trees, Lia."

Oh.

He leaves a sloppy kiss on my cheek and I fake gag as we start heading back to the park.