Chapter 24

- G R A Y S O N  W O L F E -

It's been one week since we rescued Lia.

One week since her father has been our prisoner.

One week of beating and torturing him.

Years of built up anger towards that man all taken out on him in that one lousy week.

No more torturing.

Today is the day I kill the man that hurt the woman I love.

Lia still hasn't woken up yet and I'm afraid of what will happen when she does.

I'm not ready to let her go. I'll fall in love with her all over again if I have to. I'll do whatever it takes for her not to leave my side again.

I'm the darkness and she's my sunshine. I can't live without her.

I'm sitting with Milo right now in the kitchen as I watch him eat his spaghetti. He keeps asking where Lia is and I'd always tell him that she's tired and needs rest.

I can't lie to him anymore.

"Milo." He stops eating and looks up to me.

I sigh and take a deep breath. I look into his big brown eyes and I see pure sadness in them. He misses her. I do too.

"There's a possibility that Lia might not come back to us." I nearly choke out. Holding my breath so tears won't fall.

His eyes widen at my words and then his lip starts to quiver.

Fuck I can't see him cry.

"W-What do you m-mean?" He stutters out and I look away.

"She's sick and you need to be ready for what might happen next." I try to be strong for him and honest because he deserves to know. He's not old enough to understand but he's old enough to know the truth.

"Bad people hurt her, Milo."

Tears are not falling down his face and I pull him into my chest.

I hate kids.

But Milo is the only exception.

For Lia.

He's crying into my chest and I let him. I keep looking up to the ceiling so my tears won't fall. I won't let him see me cry.

"If something does happen to her then I promise to take care of you, okay?"

Nothing with happen to her. I keep telling myself.

She will be okay. She will be with me again.

Milo and I stay like this for nearly an hour. Him crying into my chest and me comforting him.

Soon enough, he falls asleep and I carry him into the room that he's been staying in.

I just watch him as he sleeps. Dry tears on his face. Eyes puffy and cheeks red.

Fuck I can't stand this. Why the hell won't she wake up?

I close the door to his room and start heading downstairs and out the door to head to the warehouse.

It's time to deal with Jonathan.

Everyone is watching me as I walk into the warehouse. They have such sorrow faces on them and I want to punch every single face that I see.

Don't fucking show me sympathy.

Everything will be okay.