Chapter 14

- A M E L I A P A R K E R -

After Grayson left I quickly ran to my bathroom to take a shower. Oh gosh. I can't believe we just did that! And I was the one who initiated it. Bad Lia coming through. Bad Lia who really liked doing the nasty. Hehe.

My shower was quick and when I walk out into the living area, there's a knock on the door and I open it to reveal Milo and Mrs. Fane. I give her my thanks before closing the door and making Milo a sandwich.

"Okay Mr. Stinky Pants, go take a bath while I make you another sandwich okay?" Milo finishes the last of his water before giving me a big smile and running off to the bathroom. I hear the faucet start up and I grab his empty plate and bring it to the kitchen to start making another one.

There's another knock on the door when I get the bread out. Did Mrs. Fane forget something? Did Grayson? I immediately feel my face heat up at the thought of him.

I saunter over towards my door and open it with a smile. My smile falls when I see who's at the door.

Mr. Stewart.

Drunk.

It's Sunday afternoon why the heck is he drunk already?

"Mr. Stewart, w-what can I do for you?" I ask politely trying to hide my shakiness.

He shoots me a creepy smirk and pushes himself into my apartment.

I stumble back a few steps, but with how tall he is—not as tall as Grayson though—he meets me with one stride.

"Oh I know exactly what you can do for me." He grabs onto my arms and pushes me against the closed door. I land with a grunt and then he's kissing my neck and unzipping his pants.

I'm able to push him off me with strength that I had no idea I had and move away from him quickly.

"Please stop—Ah!" My ears are ringing now and my head feels like it's about to explode. Voices and images flash through my mind and every part of my body feels like it's being stabbed. My legs give out causing me to fall to the floor and then I see it; the boy, the people in white coats, my parents, the needles, the pills, the lake, everything. It's all coming all at once and I can't take it.

I feel something falling from my eyes, ears, and nose. I wipe my hand over it and see blood. Oh no.

"Lia what the fuck is wrong with you," I feel a pair of rough hands grab me. "at least you're still hot." I hear ruffling of clothes and now I'm crying because not only am I in so much pain right now, but Mr. Stewart is about to hurt me in a way that I know I'll never forget.

Another shot of pain enters my head and I cry out and close my eyes. I squeeze whatever is in my hand and then I hear yelling and curses in front of me.

My parents are in my head, the nice lady who would sneak me snacks in is my head, the little boy who I can't stop thinking about is in my head. It's me and him playing together, laughing together, I like him. I know I do. He so familiar and it's making me scream out now because aches and pains are consuming my every being.

I open my eyes to see Mr. Stewart holding onto his arm. It's looks...broken? He's glaring at me and then curses, "you fucking bitch!" He's now running up to me and I don't think, I just do. I push him hard and he goes flying across the room. He hits his head on the table and he's not waking up.

My close my eyes again and fall to the floor. I try to wipe the blood away but it keeps on falling from everywhere. I'm coughing now and I sneak a peak to see blood and...a tooth.

"Help!" I try to scream out but no words are leaving my lips. As flashes of images and voices enter my mind, it all becomes too familiar. I'm feeling everything. Seeing everything. These aren't dreams. They're memories. Memories of me being tied to a bed and being tested on. Memories of people cutting me up and injecting me with liquids. Memories of me and a boy at the lake in Italy watching the sunset. Images of G. Images of Grayson. Grayson. I know him. I've known him for years.