Chapter 22

- A M E L I A P A R K E R -

"You know G, if you don't like them then you can just not eat them." I say as I grab another strawberry from the bowl.

G makes a weird face as he continues to chew on the strawberry and when he finally swallows it, he gives me a small smile.

"It's good."

I roll my eyes and throw a strawberry at him.

"Well...if you like them so much then why make a weird face?" I nudge G playfully and take another bite of the strawberry in my hand.

He pouts.

"I don't make a weird face."

I throw my head back and laugh.

"You so do G." I smile at him and his pout turns into a smile.

"Well then you do too." G retorts back and I roll my eyes.

"Do not."

"Do too. You look like you're in love with the fruit or something." He starts making kissy faces and I shove him in the arm.

"Well you make a weird face that makes you look constipated." I start making funny faces and scrunch my nose.

I start laughing at myself because I'm funny.

Turning back to face G, I see him just staring at me with a smile on his face.

I stop laughing, "What?"

He just shrugs still having that smile on his face.

"Nothing."

I feel my cheeks getting hot and I look away taking another strawberry into my mouth.

"Amelia it's time to go." I hear my fathers voice.

I turn around and see him standing a few feet away with mom in the back.

I smile wide at the sight of my parents and I give a quick hug to G before heading towards them.

My smile falls when I see my fathers face.

Sometimes he scares me.

"Let's go." He grabs my arm and pulls me away.

I turn back to G and wave at him, "Bye G! See you tomorrow."

He looks sad and I hate to see him so sad so I turn back around to dad.

"Where are we going?" I start skipping away but I'm yanked back by my very frustrated father.

I stop skipping.

"I have a meeting with some people and I would like for you to join me."

This gets me excited. Dad never talks to be about his work.

"Okay!" I say excitedly.

"You will be on your best behavior. These people are going to help your father with a really big project." A pause. And you will also be helping me." He adds.

Me?

He must really love me if he wants me to help him with work stuff. I try to contain my happiness by looking at the trees.

"Okay! I'm excited!" I smile up at him but he doesn't return one so I stop smiling.

"This will be life changing, Amelia." My father says as we make it to the car. Mom hasn't said anything to me yet. She just walked straight to the car and go into the front seat. I frown.