Chapter 1.

Y/N brushed her hair into its regular style trying to neaten it slightly for her job interview. She picked out a classy yet casual work outfit, it consisted of a cerulean blue cotton skirt, a white silk button up shirt and a cerulean see-through blazer. She stepped into some simple black Prada pumps to complete the outfit. After one last look in the mirror, and rather one last contemplating thought as to if the look was good enough, she brushed her skirt and walked out the door of her New York apartment, Gucci purse in hand. The busy streets greeted her as they usually did, with a loud clutter of noise, which all came together as one somewhat synchronization, or rather, an urban jungle. She eventually made her way to Elias Clarke, a large building filled with publishing businesses, one of which, is the most successful fashion magazine, Runway. Runway also happened to be where Y/N was applying for a job. She was not even quite sure what the job was, she just cared that it was in fashion, and that it involved challenges which would prove difficult yet enjoyable for her to conquer. Her pumps clicked lightly on the marble floor as she made her way over to the elevator.

Miranda was in a relatively good mood this morning, well, for Miranda. She sat at her desk completing her usual morning routine, occasionally taking sips from her coffee. Her glasses were perched on the bridge of her nose as she read through the daily newspaper checking to see if anything else preposterous had happened between celebrities lately. To her surprise, there was not any new conspiracies, but yet an article written by Andrea Sachs. Miranda scoffed lightly at her name and threw the paper aside. Oh how Andrea let her down, that girl had so much potential, but alas those who hold talents never seem to be able to realise in themselves that they posses them. No other being had been able to hold up to Miranda's expectations besides Andrea, Emily and Nigel couldn't even. No, Miranda was sure nobody else could do the job of being her assistant in the way that it needed to be done, nobody.

Y/N stepped out of the elevator on the Runway floor to meet Emily, who was waiting for her arrival. "Y/N I presume?" All she did was nod softly and follow Emily. "My name is Emily, I am Miranda Priestley's first assistant, the job you have applied for, is to be her second assistant. Y/N was surprised that she would be getting to work with THE Miranda Priestly, although she wouldn't let it shatter her confidence. She placed her coat in the closet and followed Emily into what appeared to be Miranda's office. Indeed it was, there she sat in front of Y/N, in all of her beauty and power. Y/N smiled softly at Miranda as Miranda looked her up and down. Emily introduced you to her and Miranda seemed less than impressed until Emily stepped out of the office and you showed Miranda your resume. She looked slightly taken aback, and looked you up and down once more whilst raising her eyebrows. Y/N noticed her surprise and sneered softly. "Can a woman simply not dress well, whilst also being intelligent?" She spoke. Miranda raised an eyebrow and smirked a little. "Well that seems to be society today, you are either one or the other, but no, you seem to have been able to successfully pull off both. Yes, you will do fine. You are hired, that's all." Miranda replied softly as she stood from her seat and left the building.

Y/N had survived meeting the dragon, the question now was how long she could survive working for her.

.

A/N

Hello my lovleys!!! This is the first chapter of Y/N and Miranda Priestly, there will be many more and it will get very gay. <3 I hope you enjoyed.