Chapter 4.

Y/N lay there in her bed, thinking about the previous days events, had she gone mad? She had just made-out with her goddamn boss! Y/N clutched her hair in her hands tightly, something she always did when stressed out. Was it all a dream perhaps? Y/N had no idea. She rolled over and sat up on her bed and gazed out of the window.

As Miranda finally arrived home, she poured herself a glass of whiskey, straight. She too then began concerning herself with the slight affair she had, had with her newest employee. She pinched the bridge of her nose before downing the entire glass of whiskey and retreating to her office. As she walked up the stairs she whispered softly to herself. "You fucking dumbass."

As the next morning eventually came, Y/N and Miranda performed their daily tasks, and despite yesterdays events they both arrived earlier. Miranda was already seated in her office when Y/N arrived. Miranda watched her place her coat in the closet before calling out to her. "Y/N, please come into my office." Y/N sighed a little as she knew the discussion they would have to have before it had even begun. Miranda watched her enter with a look of what seemed to be sadness on her face, although she did not address it. Y/N sat down in the chair opposite Miranda. "Miranda, I think we both know what this conversation needs to be about." Miranda nodded at Y/N's words softly. "Yes Y/N, I agree, although we both do share the same miraculous feelings, we both know that our relationship cannot and should not go any further than friends, or if preferable for you, simply employee, and boss. I understand we did go past that relationship stage briefly yesterday but if anyone found out about that we would both without hesitation get fired, and I cannot let that happen for myself, and you clearly being an intelligent girl should not want that to happen either. You have much potential Y/N." Y/N teared up slightly at Miranda's words but she quickly wiped them away. "I fully understand Miranda, I however would hope we could still remain friends." Miranda nodded and smiled softly. Y/N's heart ached even more as to if someone had stabbed it, but alas, she knew that what Miranda had said, needed to be said. "I only wish to tell you one last thing before we step back into our proper places Miranda..." Miranda nodded slightly giving her permission to continue. "You are and forever will be the most talented, independent, strong, and of course beautiful woman I have ever had the privilege to meet." Miranda looked down softly, and Y/N swore she saw her wipe a tear, yes, the dragon lady, shedding a tear. Miranda stood from her seat and walked over to Y/N. Y/N stood up to meet her. Miranda looked her in the eyes before wrapping her arms gently around her in an embrace. Y/N returned the favour as Miranda whispered softly into her ear. "Thankyou, I'm sorry." They hugged for a little while longer, simply enjoying the moment, before Miranda slowly released. "I don't think I have ever hugged anyone besides my daughters and ex husbands." Miranda said with a chuckle. Y/N softly laughed at this, and just like that it was over. Not truly though, for either of their hearts, but for now, it had to be.

A few more weeks had passed by like a breeze, Y/N and Miranda still maintained a friendship, but nothing physically more. Y/N and Miranda both wished it could have been, but no. The days rolled by in their usual routines, some days more successful than others, some more enjoyable, but still, the same. Y/N and Miranda often shared a wine with one another when Y/N dropped of the book to Miranda. This was an enjoyable experience for them both. They never spoke of that one day, not once, not even hinting any clues towards it. That was how it "should" be.

Y/N was sitting at her desk, at work, performing her usual duties, when her phone began to ring. This did not surprise her, as it was a major part of her job picking up the phone. Emily spoke from the other side of the line explaining to Y/N that she would need to get 12 more Hermes scarves so she would be even longer, she then went on to the long list of what Y/N should be doing. Y/N explained to her that she was perfectly capable of doing her job independently now, but Emily did not stop her blabbering, she continue to drag on and on about how Y/N should do her job, (which was the exact way Y/N was doing her job anyway.) until she was practically screaming through the phone at her. She went on and on without any hesitation whatsoever, this was until Y/N heard a loud scream, and a clutter through the other line. "Emily? Hello? Emily? Are you alright?" The line cut out.

Y/N ended up spending the rest of the day at the hospital where Emily was located, after a nurse rang Runway to inform them that Emily had been hit by a car. Y/N informed Miranda, and Miranda responded with an eye roll and permission for her to leave for the hospital. Emily was not severely injured, just a broken leg, some scratches and a rather large bruise on her back. That did not stop her from complaining of course. Y/N sat there in silence listening to all of her nonsense because she was a good person, and she did not want to listen to more complaining.

Miranda told Emily to stay home for at least a week as an order, because she knew Emily would gladly show up to work the next day. Emily did eventually return, with her blabbering of course. Miranda pinched the bridge of her nose at Emily's constancy and idiocy, which was something Y/N had learnt that she did when annoyed, stressed or mad. Miranda clearly had had enough of Emily herself.

Later that night when Y/N was delivering the book, she sat down for her regular drink with Miranda. Miranda looked her up and down slightly judgementally, although not intended. "Y/N I need you to do something for me tomorrow morning." Y/N nodded softly. "Inform Emily that she will not be attended fashion week in Paris with me." Y/N's jaw opened slightly, but she quickly shut it. "Oh, and you best get Nigel to organise some more outfits for you as you will be replacing her." Y/N gasped softly, but Miranda glared at her which made her drop her hesitation. "O-ok Miranda." Miranda then began to skim through the book as they trailed into their usual talk.

A/N

hey sorry this was uploaded a little late, I just got vaccinated and was feeling a little sick lol. Also I apologise for dropping that hint of spice you guys got in the last chapter, but just know, the story is definitely not over yet, and I said there would be more spice so.....

Anyway, again I apologise for making Miranda a little bit of a softie.

I hope you enjoyed, and stay safe xx