Chapter 2.

Y/N's usual alarm echoed through her apartment until she gave in and rolled over to dismiss it. She regretfully rose from her comfortable bed, and much enjoyed slumber and put on her slippers as she tied her robe. She walked slowly over to her curtains, and opened them whilst rubbing her eyes gently, as they invited in the early morning sunrise. She let her mind wander as she boiled the kettle for her coffee, and it somehow made it's way back to the thought of her family. The ever so "delightful" family which Y/N had non-regrettably left. She had been living on her own for five years now, and she was proud of that. She went to university which is something they never wanted her to do, Y/N had completed several courses whilst at university, she had done a drama course, an art course, a music course, a law course, and a literature course, all of which she had gotten degrees in. She had been working at a relatively small café for the past five years, and had only just saved enough money to buy a decent apartment in the past year, which is where she had been living since then. Her apartment was in town, it was classy, yet vintage, It had French windows facing out onto the street, and the interior was entirely white brick and marbled tile. Y/N glanced around her apartment and smiled softly to herself, showing her small amount of pride for it.

Miranda awoke to find herself once again in an empty bed. She was getting a little used to it now, since it had been several months since her divorce was finalised. She of course kept most things, allowing only one of the sofas and one of her limited edition rugs to go to Stephen. She scoffed at the thought of Stephen and rose from her bed. She was glad her marriage was over, truly. She dressed into an almost scarlet velvet dress and slid into her black tights, which hid underneath it. She placed on some simple black stilettos to finish her look. Miranda then made her way to the bathroom where she brushed her hair into it's signature style and held it like that with some hair spray. An almost nude shade of lipstick was applied to her lips along with some light foundation to her face, mascara, and light eyeliner, Miranda never over did her make-up.

As Y/N finished dressing into her black skirt and leopard print Prada shirt, she received a phone call from Emily, informing her that she needed to be at Elias Clarke in twenty minutes, with a large amount things Miranda had requested along with her. Y/N quickly applied some light foundation and eyeshadow, followed of course by eyeliner and mascara. Stepping into her Prada pumps with a hurry, she slipped on her white coat over the top and walked out the door, handbag in hand.

Y/N arrived just in time with the exact order of starbucks Emily had said to get, along with twelve new Gucci scarves Miranda had wanted. Emily was impressed slightly, though she didn't express it, at how accurately Y/N had managed to do her job. Y/N placed her white coat in the closet across from her new desk, and then made her way into Miranda's office. She laid out the daily newspaper for Miranda, as well as all of the latest additions of her usual magazines, and of course the starbucks Y/N had gotten for her as well. Accompanying all of this was a glass of sparkling water. As Y/N finished setting up Miranda's desk for the morning, Miranda walked into her office to find her. Y/N smiled at Miranda and greeted her. Miranda surprisingly smiled back, and returned the greeting. Miranda thought to herself as she sat down in her chair as to why she did that, because she had never done that to any employee before, not even Andrea. She seemed to have dismissed the thought as she began her morning routine as per usual.

Later that day, whilst Miranda was in a meeting in her office, Y/N was taking calls at the desk, as Emily had instructed her to do so. Miranda then realised they needed twelve more Gucci scarves as they had decided to double the amount of models for the shoot. Miranda was going to call out to Y/N, and it was only then that she realised she did not even know her newest employee's name. Miranda walked out of her office and stood in front of Y/N's desk. Y/N looked up at Miranda quickly as she noticed her. "Yes Miranda, I'm sorry is there anything you would like me to do?" Y/N spoke. Miranda smiled softly without realising and nodded softly before speaking. "Yes actually, I have decided to expand the shoot to have double the amount of models than what we have now, so I was going to ask you to collect some more scarves for me, however I then realised I did not know your name sorry." Miranda had absolutely no idea where all of this politeness and care had come from, she seemed to not be able to control it. Y/N smiled brightly and replied to Miranda. "Of course Miranda, I will go collect the scarves now, also my name is Y/N L/N." Miranda's mouth tugged at her slightly as it formed a smile. Miranda spoke only once more before returning to her office. "That is a beautiful name love." Y/N was left in a flustered mess. Miranda had just called her 'love'. Emily however, seemed to be utterly green in jealousy, her jaw was wide open and her nose crinkled as she shut it at the thought of what Miranda had said. "It seems someone has taken a liking to you." Emily scoffed. Y/N turned to face her. "What, Miranda, No. I am sure she is just being nice since it is my first day." Emily looked over at her in disbelief. "You honestly think that was normal. The woman who is so casually described as 'the dragon lady'. Was simply just being nice??? No. That was the strangest thing I have seen her do in my entire career here at runway." Emily almost theatrically explained. Y/N looked a little surprised but dismissed it and walked out of the office. Miranda watched her leave through the glass doors of her office. Emily simply rolled her eyes and went back to typing something on her computer.

Y/N had done more than survive the dragon on her first day, it had seemed that she had even befriended her.

..

A/N

Hey, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, let me know in a comment if you did lol. Also, tell me any suggestions if you do have any ty.

Her lover. -Miranda Priestly x Fem ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara