Chapter 5.

Y/N paced throughout the office at Runway. She had no idea how she was supposed to tell Emily that she was not going to fashion week, AND Miranda wanted herself to replace her. She ran her fingers through her hair softly and took a deep breath. She then began to practice her "speech" she was going to have to tell Emily. Little to her knowledge Miranda had been listening to Y/N for the past five minutes from around the corner. Miranda eventually stepped out of the corner and walked into her office, fabulous as always. Y/N seemed to drop everything that was on her mind as Miranda walked past, god was that a sight. It utterly shocked Y/N every single day on how easily and effortlessly Miranda could be so iconic, though she was sure she was not the only one.

Emily struggled her way into work in one stiletto and one moonboot. You could hear her crutches clicking on the floor in a clutter as she came down the hall to their office, Miranda was not impressed by this as she scowled at Emily as soon as she was visible to her. Emily nervously noticed this and tried to sit down as quietly as possible, unsuccessful of course, as her crutches cluttered and fell onto the floor. "Could you be any louder Emily? Honestly." Y/N and Emily heard Miranda hiss from her office. Y/N walked over to Emily and picked up her crutches and leaned them against the hard wooden desk. "Hey Em.." Y/N trailed as she ran her finger around in a circle on Emily' desk. "Oh what is it now Y/N? Honestly just spit it out." Emily returned spitefully. Y/N scowled softly and looked up from the ground to face Emily. "You know, I was going to be as kind as I could about this but no, you have been nothing but awful to me and it is about time I return the favour of your sourness. Miranda had decided that you are no longer welcome, no in fact, you are no longer wanted nor needed for fashion week. Oh, and, Miranda would also like me to inform you that I, yes I, the woman who you have been treating no better than a piece if garbage, am wanted to replace you. So it would seem, Emily, that I, can do my job perfectly well, and dare I even say, better than you." Y/N scowled at her one last time before gracefully spinning around and returning to her desk. Emily's face turned almost red with fury, but alas, she stayed silent. Miranda had been quite enjoying the minor confrontation that had folded out in front of her, she smirked softly and licked her lips before returning to work.

As Y/N later delivered the book to Miranda, she was invited to sit down for a glass of wine. An invitation of which, she gladly accepted. Y/N knew she still had feelings for Miranda, despite it have been months since her and Miranda had confessed, then "rid" of them. Miranda leaned back onto her leather sofa and sighed softly, which gave Y/N some undeniable tingles. "You know, it was quite impressive how you spoke to Emily that way today, well, I certainly was impressed." Miranda spoke. Y/N laughed softly a little. "Yes, well forgive me for my French, but I had had quite enough of her unnecessary shit." Miranda smiled softly, as she failed to hide it, and that smile softly enveloped into a laugh. Y/N joined her. They drank about two glasses of wine each, as they yet again spoke in their usual light conversation before Y/N left for her apartment.

As the weeks passed, Emily grew noticeably more and more envious of Y/N, and of course all of her new clothing for fashion week in Paris, which were "supposed" to be hers. Y/N had been learning names of people she was to meet at fashion week, so she wouldn't be left in a muddle. She would spend the next few weeks preparing for her big trip with Miranda, which she was over the moon exited about, not just for the experience, but for being able to be so close to Miranda for so long.

..

A/N

Hello! Sorry this chapter was a little shorter than per usual, but I am going to start writing an Emma Thompson x Meryl Streep fanfic tonight, so just saving a little energy. <3

I hope you enjoyed the chapter though regardless, and stay safe my lovelies xx.