Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Today was December 20. The classes started 19 days ago. Today was the third day of Christmas break. At the first day of the break, I looked at my calendar. Babalik ako sa school on the third of January. I had 16 days of vacation. In every subject, there was an assignment given. I decided to finish all of the assignment during the first two days of the vacation. It was mostly research and exercises. Hindi ako lumabas ng bahay kaya naman natapos ko na sila buong weekend.

"Ano'ng oras nga aalis tayo?" Kuya Robert asked.

"1:15PM iyong schedule ng arrival," I replied.

"Alis na tayo ng 12," he said and I nodded.

Ate Gina asked before kung uuwi ba si Austin Archangel, so I told her that he was scheduled to go home ng December 20. Ate Gina suggested that I pick Austin Archangel from the airport dahil nitong nakaraang linggo ay hindi kami nakapag-usap. Start na ng league sa Japan. He was much busier. Hindi na nagtatagpo ang oras namin. I asked Austin Archangel kung gusto niya na sunduin ko siya sa airport dahil baka susunduin siya ng pamilya niya. He immediately agreed.

"Is that really necessary?" I asked while Ate Gina and I were doing signage. It was a 24 by 24 inches poster na mayroong naka-lagay na Welcome home, Austin Archangel and it was written using glitters. It was wise to say na puno ng glitters iyong receiving area dahil doon kami gumagawa ngayon.

"Hindi naman, pero masaya naman gawin!" sabi ni Ate Gina.

I shrugged and just continued putting design on the placard. Nang matapos kami roon ay pina-tuyo namin. I washed my hands at saka ko pinuntahan si Blue sa labas habang naglilinis si Ate Gina sa sala dahil baka makain ni Blue iyong glitters. Blue was just walking around the garden while I was scrolling through Instagram. Dominic was in the US for the vacation, pero kahit na nasa US siya ay puro basketball pa rin ang laman ng IG stories niya.

'Boarding,' Austin Archangel texted.

'Have a safe flight.'

'Thank you. Can't wait to see you.'

Nang sabihin ni Ate Gina na tapos na siyang maglinis ay binuksan ko na iyong sliding door. Naka-sunod sa akin si Blue nang pumasok ako pabalik sa bahay. I went back to my room. I was already done with all of my requirements for school. I wanted to write, but my mind was still tired from all the reading and the writing exercises that I did. Instead, I chose to watch some of the movies that Austin Archangel and I failed to watch before because we chose to makeout instead.

Choosing what to watch was hard.

Tumingin ako sa oras at 35 minutes na lang ay 12 na. Kakain pa ako. Mas mabuti na 'wag na lang akong manood dahil hindi ko rin naman matatapos. I would just watch the movie with Austin Archangel.

I scrolled through IG again. I clicked George's story and saw a video of one of the locations we scouted. After the first video was the second video wherein the members of the productions were preparing the shoot.

'I thought this was for after the break?' I replied to the story. George was very organized. She sent me a list of the things I was required to do and I did all of them... and then told her na hindi ako makaka-tulong nung nakaraang linggo dahil kinailangan ko na magfocus sa Math subject ko dahil baka bumagsak ako. But I was already well-adjusted. Sasama ako sa school after break. It was my script. I wanted to watch the actors bring it to life.

'Schedule was adjusted due to unforeseeable circumstances.'

'Why was I not informed?'