Chapter 54

Chapter 54

Ni hindi ako nakapagsalita nang bigla akong hatakin ni Ate Gina papunta sa may bahay nila sa likuran. I just went downstairs to eat breakfast. It was Sunday. My parents were here. Kakain kami ng breakfast. Then, I would wait for Austin to drive me to therapy tapos ay sinabi niya na pupunta kami sa shoot.

"Ano ba 'yang bata ka!" she said. My forehead was creased. I had no idea what she was talking about. She just pulled me with her without saying anything. "Nako magpasalamat ka talaga at ako ang unang naka-kita sa 'yo kundi magpaalam ka na sa 'late night walks' niyong dalawa ni Austin! Ganyan pala ang ginagawa niyo, ha!" she said as she pulled a drawer open at saka naglabas siya ng concealer. She asked me to hold my hair habang may nilalagay siya na concealer sa may leeg ko.

"What are you doing?"

"Nililigtas ko ang magulang mo sa pagka-bigla."

"Ano ba 'yung nasa leeg ko?" I asked. There was no mirror around.

"Ano ba 'yang si Austin? Gold fish ba 'yan?" she replied, not really answering my question. I stood there for five minutes before she told me na tapos na siya. She said na ilugay ko iyong buhok ko at saka 'wag kong hahawakan iyong parte na iyon para hindi raw mawala iyong make-up. Hindi kasi masyadong kakulay daw ng balat ko kaya mahahalata nila Mama kapag tinitigan.

"Karaminah Viel," she said, holding me by my shoulders. "Dalaga ka na talaga."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Matagal na," I said.

She shook her head and she looked like she was about to cry. "Basta ha, mag-iingat kayo ni Austin," she said.

"We're always careful," I replied. Austin wouldn't even drive when the traffic lights are orange. He didn't want to beat the red light. And he wouldn't drive hanggang hindi naka-suot iyong seatbelt ko.

We returned to the house, and we ate our breakfast. After that ay nakipaglaro ako kay BV and Blue. BV was becoming more energetic as compared to before where he seemed to be lethargic. I fed them and gave them the new toys I bought for them. Then they walked out on me.

Austin picked me up after lunch. I was wearing a loose jeans that I folded up to my ankle, white shirt mataas iyong neckline and naka-tuck in, a black belt, and white Oran sandals. Suot ko rin iyong binigay niya na bracelet. Hindi ko iyon matanggal dahil nasa kanya iyong screwdriver. I told him na ibabalik ko sa kanya iyong bracelet kapag gusto niyang maging friends na lang kami. I didn't feel comfortable keeping such an expensive gift.

Pagbaba ko ay kausap ni Ate Gina si Austin na mapula iyong mukha. The shade of red on his face was the same shade of maraschino cherries.

"Are you sick?" I asked because his face and his ears were red.

"No," he replied.

"Mag-iingat kayo, hane," sabi ni Ate Gina. Austin nodded.

Paglabas namin ay dumiretso kami sa sasakyan niya. I immediately buckled my seatbelt because of Ate Gina's reminder to be careful.

Austin drove me to Dr. Sena's clinic. He stayed in the car habang nasa therapy ako. I just talked to Dr. Sena about what was happening in my life. I was more at ease. I just told her about Austin and how I was worried about what would happen after college.

"Done?" tanong niya nang maka-balik ako sa sasakyan.

"Yes," I replied. Inabutan niya ako ng tumbler. "Is this for me?"

"Yes," he said. "Got you a tumbler because I didn't know for how long the therapy's going to be, and I didn't want the ice to melt."

"Thank you," I replied. That was thoughtful of him.