Chapter five

April stood a little further away, watching Mikey and Leo.

"What was that for!" He looked down at his brothers wounds, worry clouding his gaze. Mikey looked back up at Leo, a look of concern on his face. "Leo! What happened to you?"

"Just.. got into a fight. That's all. What are you doing here?" Leo could hardly believe that April or even Mikey would come to find him.

"We're getting the gang back together. Are you sure you're fine?" Mikey asked, spotting the bandage.

"I'm fine, Michelangelo. Care to explain why you want everyone back together?"

"The Kraang are back." April inserted herself into the conversation. "They're back, and worse than ever. We need help. Please."

Leo shook his head.

From Mikey's perspective, Leo just didn't want to come. "Please! If were gonna save the world again, we'll need our leader. We'll need out older brother, Leo."

"I can't. I'm to dangerous, I'll hurt you or someone else. I don't want to risk harming you guys. No." Leo refused. He couldn't bare the thought of harming his brothers unintentionally.

Mikey looked dismayed. "But we need you!"

"Mikey, I can't. I'm sorry." He turned away.

"So what, are you just going to turn away from your brothers? That's not what a hero or older brother does." April said, stepping forwards. "Your brothers would get together if it meant saving you."

Leo silently listened.

"You're no brother of theirs if you won't even try to help. You're no hero, Leonardo. Your a wimp that won't save his family."

"I want to help. I really, really do. But I can't put you all at risk." Leo began to walk away.

"I-if you walk away.." Mikey thought. "You're no longer my brother!"

Everyone fell silent. Even the crickets in the night.

"If it keeps you guys safe? So be it. Good bye Mikey." Leo held his head low as he walked away, Harley following.

Mikey watched. He teared up.

All he wanted now was his brothers.

April didn't want to do this, but it was her only option. Raising a hand, she focused in on Leo. Once she was sure she had a grasp on him, she lifted his body up.

Leo gasped a bit in surprise. Not really expected, honestly. He glared at April but kept silent.

"Leo. Your brothers need you, as I said before. Do you want to save them and the world, or are you going to be a selfish prick and let them die?" The red-headed human challenged, glaring back at Leo.

"I can't help you. Did you forget I'm Death itself?" He responded.

"Did you forget we don't care about it? You're their brother. It's your responsibility to take care of them in times of need. Leonardo, you don't have to be with us all the time, but just help us when we need it. Please." April tried to bargain.

The blue masked turtle sighed. He wanted to help, but what if he hurt them? Well if worst came to that, he would leave.
"Fine. Let's go find the other two."