Chapter nine

He couldn't believe it!

He got in without being heard, let alone sensed by Leo and April! Donnie silently had a little happy dance in his lab, proud of himself for not being caught.

"Okay, gotta get the Shell Raiser." He mumbled to himself, taking a deep breath in and out. He searched around his lab for a moment, eventually finding the keys to the vehicle.
He smiled and ran over to the large object in the middle of his lab, ripping off the sheet on it. His smile only widened as he looked over his creation.

Once he was done admiring his own work, he opened the door and jumped in, closing it behind him with a thud. He winced slightly at the sounds it made, praying no one heard it.
He jumped into the drivers seat, excitement flooding through his body.

He inhaled and exhaled shakily as he put in the keys and turned the ignition on.

The Shell Raiser made a large vroom, as if it was just waiting to get on the road.

Donnie smiled, his eyes glittering with pride. He pulled out of the lab through the large garage door and drove, speeding up as he got closer to the exit area.
It was a little bumpy, but the second he was out of the sewers he went straight west.

It was nearly a five day trip without any stops, beelining it for Nevada.
He was tempted to go to New Jersey, just to spite his brothers, but decided not to.

Donnie soon arrived in L.A, realizing he didn't have anywhere safe to hide his vehicle. He gritted his teeth.

There wasn't enough anything to even try and remotely hide it unless he buried it in the sand and dirt, but that would be nearly impossible to try and do without overheating himself, and it'd be nearly impossible to do regardless.

'Suck it up.' He told himself, heading into the large city. He would just park it somewhere and make sure to just lock it and ready the weapons if someone tried to break in!The truck was still in Beta Testing, so he wasn't really sure if any of the weapons worked.

He parked in a not to full parking lot at the edge of the large city, aware of his surroundings. It was a cool dawn, a gentle breeze in the air.
Don put a tire lock on the Shell Raiser just in case the weaponry didn't work before putting up his hoodie to hide himself.
He didn't wanna be mistaken for any sort of 'Big Red Wannabe' or some messed up thing like that. In his opinion, the News always made things more chaotic than needed.

Within minutes of walking through the city with anxiety buzzing though him, he noticed a lot of mutants and humans heading towards the largest Casino, Wynn and Encore resorts. He followed a large group and couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Dude, I heard that he's ruthless!" One of them said, excitement in his voice.
"He totally is, and he always gets the Straight Flush too!" Another said.
"He's gotta be a cheater." A lady said, sounding annoyed.
"No way. People are always watching, how could he cheat?" Another one asked, sounding annoyed.
"You're only defending Big Red because you crush on him."
"Do not!"

Donnie snickered at them, knowing full well none of them were either going to get presumably Raph's attention or telling the truth. Raph was sneaky, but with a crowd of people watching him? He didn't think his red clad brother could pull it off.

As he followed, his eyes widened in amazement at the lights and crowd, hearing cheering and booing. He caught himself awing over the sight of all the newest technology on display.
It all amazed him. The slot machines, the games, the edible lotuses they were passing out to the crowd, the whole casino itself.

He very quickly found himself heading towards a large silent crowd, completely different from the rest of the place. He carefully pushed and snaked his way through to see what was going on.