Chapter eight

He sighed as he watched his brother leave, knowing he messed up.
Leo hadn't meant to sound so harsh, he just had a lot on his mind.

"Well thanks, Leo. Just got him back and then within a day of being around each other again you push him away." April groaned, running her hands through her hair in frustration.

"Look, when he comes back I'll apologize, okay? Right now, we have to get these back to the lair and continue planning." The blue masked turtle turned around, the box still in his hands. It still had some explosives, thankfully.

As they entered the lair, Leo felt as though something was off. He glanced around, spotting nothing out of the ordinary. He would keep his guard up.

"Leo, stop standing around." April had taken the box out of his arms, putting it next to Donnie's lab.

He walked back to the kitchen, looking down at the map April had laid out.

It was a fresher one, no marks on it besides the ones Leo put down earlier.

"We know Donnie should be somewhere around the edges of New York, right?" He circled three edges of the state.
"Small state, many places to hide. Where would he have hidden?"

"Well, he always did talk about going south east to the coast, so somewhere around there?" April suggested.

"Right. So somewhere over here." He crossed out the other options and circled the corner of state border.
"Now Raphael."

"He always wanted to go to L.A, Nevada. Thats our best bet."

"I wouldn't be so sure. I know it's been about ten years, but we can't be totally sure if he'd actually go there."

"Yes we can."

"April. No, we can't."

"Well at the very least we should check the town's news. You know he'd cause massive chaos." April settled on the idea.
"Fine." Leo sighed. It was a stretch in his eyes, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

He watched April pull out a computer from her backpack. As she typed away, he went behind her and watched with a careful eye. Leo watched as April scrolled to the news

The news in L.A, Nevada went back only five years, but it was enough to gather information.

There were so many headlines directed towards Raph, showing how much a buzz he was down in Las Vegas!

"A new menace to the Gambling Society!"
"A turtle wins again!"
"Gambler known as Big Red wins major jackpot over three million dollars!"
"Big Red: Cheater in game?"
"Big Red finishes disputes between parties!"
"Turtle and famous gambler known as Big Red accused of starting Riot's in Wynn and Encore Resorts!"

"Damn." Leo mumbled, impressed by all the pictures and news articles on his brother.
"He's in Las Vegas and you know it, Lame-o-nardo." April said, crossing her arms in victory.
"Yeah yeah, I admit I was wrong." He said, rolling his eyes.
"Well, let's go get Mikey and then go look for Donnie."

"Alright."

As they headed out, Leo swore he saw something dash through the shadows. He couldn't focus on it for long, he had to find Mikey.

"Mikey!" April called out as they walked through the sewers, searching for Leo's brother.
They'd been searching for hours without any sign of Mikey.
Leo was getting increasingly worried until they came across a very specific orange jacket with random paints spilled on it.

"Oh no." April stared at the jacket, froze in disbelief.

Leo crouched down and grabbed it. He hugged it closely, staring at the ground. Mikey would never leave his jacket laying around.

Something must have kidnapped him.

Leo stood, focusing on their surroundings.

The sewage was slowly flowing, something shiny in the bottom of the water. Leo groaned in disgust and took off his glove. He rolled up his sleeve before reaching in the water, picking it up.
Upon closer inspection, it was a small piece of Kraang tech.
If they had taken Mikey, he sure didn't leave without a fight.

He looked over at April.
Both of them seemed to have a mutual understanding.

A rescue mission was put in place the second Leo tied Mikey's jacket around his waist.

A/N
I apologize if this is a little short, my motivation decided to amp out.