31 - may these memories break our fall

SKYLAR

"Skylar, we have to leave for mom's like right this second! Hurry up!" Taylor called for me.

"I'm coming!" I called back but didn't move from where I was sitting, cross-legged on my bed and chatting with Corinne. Since Maeve's party in June, Corinne and I had chatted almost every day and gotten to know each other a lot better. Taylor and I had only been in Tennessee for a day, so I hadn't had time to see Corinne in person yet, and we were leaving again for LA tomorrow, meaning I wouldn't get to see her until at least after the last Secret Session.

Two days ago, Taylor held her first Lover Secret Session in London. It had been so much fun to get to know new Swifties and I'd made a bunch of new friends, and finally gotten to listen to the entire album. Yeah, it was my new favorite for sure. Taylor had to step away when she was playing the twelfth track, and I wondered if I might go with her this time, because we'd all been bawling our eyes out and I wasn't sure I wanted to go through that again.

Corinne💜: I wish I could see you tho!! <33

skye🦋: ik me 2
skye🦋: do you wanna facetime tomorrow when i'm in la?

Corinne💜: Absolutely! I can't wait to see ur pretty smile🥰🥰

I blushed at her words and was about to type something back when I heard Taylor calling again.

"Skye! Come - on! If you're not out here in one minute, I'll carry you out of that room!"

skye🦋: igtg moms calling for me and she sounds mad
skye🦋: ttyl❤️

I didn't have time to see what she replied and shoved my phone and charger into the purple duffel bag.

"Okay! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!" Taylor called as soon as she saw me appear behind the wall. "Can you grab the two containers with the M&M's from the counter please?"

I tossed the duffel bag over my shoulder and grabbed them on my way to the door. I'd been the one to suggest M&M's, since they were one of my favorite kinds of candy, and she'd gotten custom M&M's with some that had Lover written on them and some with hearts.

We piled everything into the car with Louis's help and drove to Andrea's house, which was only a ten-minute drive. I was getting kind of nervous because Taylor hadn't told me who she'd invited, and I wondered if I knew anyone. I'd only known one person at the one in London, and that was because she'd been a Twitter mutual and I had recognized her from the many pictures she'd posted of herself. Since this Secret Session was in Nashville, there was a much bigger chance that I would know more people.

Taylor's parents weren't at the house when we got there, but there was a camera crew there and Taylor Nation workers. We'd already baked a lot, but Taylor apparently needed to bake some more and hurried into the kitchen right away, leaving me outside with the Taylor Nation workers. I was helping them carry everything from the car when it started raining, so we hurried to avoid getting soaked.

Since I had spent a lot of time at Taylor's parents' house, I had my own room there, and I went upstairs to leave my duffel bag. Taylor had told me that we probably would be staying at the house until tomorrow, depending on how long the meet and greets went on.

I sat down on one of the couches, as everyone was rushing past me back and forth, and I logged onto Twitter to get the time to pass. Yesterday, there had been some people talking about the Secret Session in London, and a lot of people had asked me about it on Twitter, but I had pretended not to see it. At first, Taylor had asked me not to go on Twitter at all — in case I accidentally gave something away — but I'd argued that that would be even more suspicious than me acting as if nothing was happening. I guess she had a legit reason to be worried though since, during one of my livestreams, I'd accidentally started humming I Think He Knows without even realizing it. Her team had been kind of mad at me for it afterwards, but I don't think anyone really noticed it since it could've been some other song that they just hadn't heard before.