Chapter One

Claire Louiseville was content with giving the impression of calm and happy, avoiding any problems that came her way by running away cowardly. She thought she could be able to let all her pains go until she got herself entangled in the mess called Xavier Curt, leading to the beginning of a story she was not ready to complete.

Perhaps if she learnt to face her problems rather than run away from it, the story would have an happy ending.

Will Claire ever learn to Never Say Goodbye after all? Or will she run away from problems that comes her way once again?

✍️✍️✍️

***

"Who's Xavier Curt?"

I was really curious why almost all talk about him. I don't know anyone here yet but I very well know someone is by that name.

"You seriously don't know that? " Tracy asked back.

I shook my head and paused my lip into a thin line.

"Well, if you don't, " she pulled backward against the chair. "You will soon know." she rolled her eyes, fiddling with the hems of her short skirt.

"I'm really curious but I never saw him. I agree it's just two days we resumed but almost everyone talks about him. When you're in the class, you see girls talking about him in such a bad way that I wonder if he's really bad "

Tracy rolled her eyes and huffed, pulling her fringe aside from her face. You could guess she's the type to care about looks.

"I don't think Xavier is an interesting topic. We all hear the gossips and it doesn't matter what is going on with him but if you really want to know, visit his class sometime then."

"No, no. We shared a class for calculus today but all I see is a boy in hoodie and I've been hearing things. I'm not sure what to think but you know it's been quite some time since I left here so, I don't think I never knew him. Did I? " I raised my brow at her and pulled my watch out of my bag suddenly realizing time was moving fast.

I tapped on the face and it displayed the time.

"You just don't know. " Tracy's voice sounded distant getting me to look at her. "He's been here since we were in middle grades though he wasn't the type to socialize well but he had a number of friends and he was having the normal teen life I guess. He started to get a lot of attention when something happened to him. Scars, bruises, ruthlessness accompanied him and blah blah... " she sighed.

I nodded and looked out the window again, silently wondering what happened to him. Maybe something horrible I can't think of?

Sometimes I just wonder if life is just so complicated or we, ourselves make it so. I don't know.

When I look back, I felt like this is not me. But someone I was made to become.

"I guess I'll be late today " she suddenly say.

I looked up at her suspiciously. "To where?"

She scrunched up her nose and her cheeks went pink in a seconds.

Suspicious.

"My first date with Daniel I guess. He... asked me out"

Daniel. Daniel? Oh... The boy she liked. The one she said lived next door and she can't seem to stop blabbering about when we were together.

I took a new sitting position and smiled.

"That's great but when did you start dating? You never told me. "