Chapter Four

I manged to see clearly as I stepped into the bar.

I was slightly blinded by the lights, so I quickly walked to the bartender. But I didn't have any money.

"I'm sorry, I didn't bring my wallet along, can I pay with my card? "

I searched my pocket and found dad's card.

"Sorry, we don't accept that"

That was a slap on my face. I nodded and started to walk away.

"Bills on me" someone said and I turned to see who.

It was a tall guy, in suits. He was smirking shamelessly at me and he moved closer. I just scanned him and I felt he was a bad type.

"Did you just say... "

"Yes, I can help you. Let's get drunk together "

"Never mind, I'm okay. " I turned away.

"No, I'm not what you think. I'm not trying to take advantage of you" he pulled my hand so I was facing him. I was surprised and I guess he understood and pulled his hand away from mine.

"Oh really, " I shot my head back "How come you knew I was thinking that"

He instantly shot a brow in pride and smiled. "Experience. So, common let's drink"

I figured he meant good so I shrugged and took a seat, beside him.

After a couple of shots, we started talking.

"I was actually a bad drinker anyway so I blurt out anything in my drunk state" I blurted.

"Oh really? You don't drink? "

"Yeah! " I pouted. "The first time I drank was my last birthday. I was fourteen then.... Fourteen! You know crazy teen stuffs. I even sneaked out to have it but I regretted it I must say"

"Alright, my name is Jake by the way. "

"Claire here" I pointed to myself.

Then, I felt giddy and my head was light. It seemed almost impossible to think.

"I think I'm drunk. " I blurted again and belched. "Sorry"

"It's fine, It's not my first time"

The word felt offensive.

"It's not like I... I'm not a drinker you know but I was feeling frustrated so I thought of drinking and forgetting it"

"I understand, same here. By the way you dressed I knew it's impulse and then you must've not brought cash along"

"Huh"

I studied his appearance again. He's a gentleman and is cool to be with. Though, he looked older than I was.
Again, I felt that self sting. My life is probably the worst I could imagine.

"Do you need help? " he said.

"Huh? Why? " I asked in suspicion.

"You look like you'll die soon. "

I laughed at his joke. But then, his phone rang and he stopped half way.

He searched the phone from his pocket and removed it. Glancing at the phone I. D his eyes shot up.

"A second please, I have to pick this call, it's important"

I nodded as he stood up, quickly whispering something to the bartender.

I continued to drum on my laps and when he didn't come, I decided it was best to leave.

I also stood up and had a word with the bartender.

"I'll be going now. Tell Mr. Jake I've gone if he possibly looks for me after then and tell him 'thank you' - from me" I started to walk out.

My head was now aching me a lot and I moved to rush out but a guy stopped me at the door.

"Do I know you? " I said.

I guess I sounded dumb.

He tried to touch my body but before he could someone pushed him off and the other guy scampered off.

I was taken aback. Why would anyone help me?

I planned to speak but a hand pulled me back. I was in a twinkle of an eye pulled out of the disco. I looked up and blurrily could see the guy. He had a stout appearance and I figured he's a blonde.

"Step out of here! It's restricted. "

I'm quite sure he is not the guard so I stepped off the entrance and faced him.

"I'm having migraine and I'm sick. Do you have some drugs? "

" What are you? A drug addict? " I recognised the voice.

"You... " I blinked harder and stared closely. Closing the gap between us, I leaned closer to see his face. This guy was wearing an hood.

"Who are you too? "

"None of your business!"

He started to walk away. I was angry at this. All I needed after this is for someone to ignore me.

"Hey you! "

I ran after him rapidly and caught the sleeve of his hood. I didn't realise I pulled it too hard and I slipped since it was impossible to pull such an agile man.

"Ouch! " I yelled scared of falling but at the point my head almost crashed to the ground, someone pulled my hand and a hand wrapped around my waist pulling me up.

Considering the force, my zipper worn out. I could hear the sharp noise. It was embarrassing, really.

In front of a stranger, my zipper had to misbehave. I tried to remove my jacket when I realised I didn't pick it. I turned at the disco. Should I go in? Shit!

My jacket was not even there to cover it so I could imagine myself being raped. I now regretted ever racing out if my home like a tragic heroine I dreamt to be.

Ugh!

I pulled away and didn't even realise why I started crying.

"Hey! "

The last thing I would expect is for a stranger to carry me bridal style.

But he still didn't feel like a stranger to me. I felt comfortable and didn't even object.

"Thank you"

"You don't need to say that. I helped you to save my life" he said in an husky tone and that annoyed me.

"Put me down " I yelled and he instantly dropped me.

I almost fell again but he caught my hand.

There was something familiar about him but I wasn't in a state to figure it out so I jolted away from his arms.

"I don't need anyone's help to survive! I don't want you to help me! I don't even want to serve as a medium to save your life! "

He sighed and shrugged.

" As if you could deal with the brutes over here. I wonder what you have came to do over here, Claire"

"How do you know my name, huh? " I accused.

He quickly turned and started walking away.

"I asked a question! " I yelled flipping my hair to the back. I wasn't going to make a fool of myself and run after him with a literally torn skirt, am I?

Thanks for reading.

- 😘

Hikmah