Chapter Eighteen

"Wake up! Wake up! " my alarm buzzed off.

I brought my phone out from under the throw pillow that was over my head and shut it off. Today was a new day. I almost never realised how time flies and I'm now in my final year. I warily walked to the bathroom to rinse my face and seeing my dull face in the mirror made me laugh. I hadn't slept well last night , I was busy texting Xavier and it was nice to hear from his side. After rinsing my face and taking a quick bath,  I came out of the bathroom and started to choose a dress.

I just put on a pink tank top and blue jeans to match and I took my denim jacket in my bag.

I came out of my room with my hair still wet and I sprinted for the kitchen after dropping my bag in the living room. My mom was already cooking breakfast. I kissed her knuckles as a form of greeting and checked what she was cooking.

It was pasta twist. I don't get tired of it either so I smiled and took a seat at the counter.

"Good morning dew drop "

My smile dropped but I picked it quickly and looked at her. My mom and dad were getting along now and I'm really happy. All I wanted was for my parents to be a normal couple and good example to me.

"You know mom. Sometimes,  I wonder if my love life would be complicated and I'm always worried if it'll be like yours and dad's some times ago but then I realised..... you both get along now and that is enough answer for me. I don't want to repeat the mistake you and dad made. All I want is to be happy. I really want my life to be normal and it was so painful seeing you argue with dad and bicker. I never got the normal life, I never got to tell you two things about myself. All I've seen is your fights. " I paused and watched mom also pause and give my hand a squeeze. I sniffed in.

"I'm now okay mom. I'm happy you both are good. And I want to surprise you mom. We are going to meet-"

I was interrupted by the bell ringing. Mom smiled. "Go check the door, Claire"

I hesitated since I really wanted to tell mom about Xavier.

"Alright,  will be back soon."

I sprinted to the door and opened it the second time the bell rang. To my surprise,  it was a familiar face.

"I'm.... Hey!you.... Bad drinker "

I was shocked someone addressed me like that.

"Who's at the door? "

"Ah.... I don't know. He's a strange guy!" I said on top of my voice.

"I'm here to see Mr. Louisville. "

I nodded and gave him a suspicious look as he continued to smile at me as if I knew him from Adam.

I was going to turn when I finally recognised the voice and the face.

"Wait,  you're from that bar right.... That one I was... " I got short of words in embarrassment.

"Yeah. Jake Norman. I think you're....?"

"Claire. I'm the daughter of whom you seek. I'll just call him. Please come in. " I smiled and turned away and sprinted to the kitchen.

"Mom. He's here to see dad. He said he's Jake Norman. And I know him. "

Mom instantly smiled and dropped the spoon she was holding.

"God! Go call your dad... "

I raised a brow and anyway went up stairs to call dad. Dad too gave same reaction mom gave and went downstairs. I was worried so I followed dad to the living room. He was talking to the gentleman as if he knew him as a good friend. I wasn't sure this is not related to business.