Chapter Nineteen

Brief A/N:

29/09/2021
I wanted to enter this book into the Wattys Award but then, I decided to wait for next year probably and I believe by then,  this story would have become more standard and popular.

I'm really glad you are reading despite my poor sense of humor. I know this story haven't gat all those humorous and sarcastic statements because I sulk at it but I'll be completing this story in next few hours, this is gonna be my first completed story on wattpad.

If the chapters aren't yet complete by then,  that means I'm editing the chapters again. I really want to be at least 96% free of errors.

-Thanks for reading 😘
----------

Drake grabbed one of the sandwiches I made and munched on it while Tracy smirked. I smiled proudly and focused on making another one.

"Wow,  my friend is now a manager of a diner? Wow! Hmmmm! Yummy! "Drake murmured and I laughed while passing the tray of rolled out flour to the cook.

"Well, my cooking is sure not bad. " I shrugged,  using the sleeve of the gown to rub off the sweat on my forehead.

She nodded and continued eating. Tracy was laughing while typing on her phone. I raised my brows at her.

"It's Daniel. He asked me out,  you know. " she blushed and covered her face with both palms.

"Oh then,  I'm the loner here. You both already have boyfriends right? That Jake.... Hey,  Claire. Are you two together or what? "

"I'm not interested. " I said rolling the flours out. "Dad has said his and I did mine. I'm not wearing Jake's ring because I already have Xavier. He better stop trying to patch us up. "

"Aww,  I'm jealous. You gat two admirers and I got no one. Would you mind giving me Jake? He's a cute guy really and a gentleman. "

"I know. " I rolled my eyes and focused on the job in front of me.
***

I got up really early and saw mom in the living room watching TV with Judy.

"Hey! " I said dropping my bag at the hanger and Judy cane to hug me. I saw mom was not responding so I pulled away from Judy and walked to mom.

"Good evening mom. " I smiled taking a seat directly opposite on the centre table.

"You eventually went to work at that diner?" she shook her head and scoffed.

I knew she was just joking. She couldn't be really angry so I snorted and smiled.

"Mom,  I am really sorry okay but I just wanted to have some money to myself so in case you and dad will not be around. "

"Not an excuse. I have more than enough to give you if you need one. "

"I know! But I want to be independent. In less than two years,  I'll be graduating from high school and would be living on my own. I want to keep some money since dad said he's gonna pay me as the manager. It's something great!... Mom please.. "

"Alright where's your dad. " she finally said and I quickly sighed and chirped. "He'll be right back. He's taking us to dinner. I guess he wants to make up for all he's done. "

"Yeah... I am really, happy.... But please,  consider getting engaged to Jake."

"Mom,  please don't start. I already have someone... " I paused and glanced at Judy. She was giving me that mischievous smile and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Mom,  I want you to meet Xavier... He's actually a friend... Well,  more than friend but I don't know. I'm not sure yet. " I ended up rolling my eyes and shrugging.