Chapter Two

Alright. He was handsome!

Who am I kidding? Very handsome. Minus the bruises on his face.

"I saw him. I saw Xavier Curt." I mumbled still not believing what I saw.

"What was he like?" Judy, my fourteen year old younger sister asked supporting her chin with her index and middle finger. Her elbow on her lap.

I couldn't really describe him. He was... Well,  I found the word out of the blue.

"Handsome. " I said, quickly realising what I said.

"He was what? "

"Well,  he had a wound at the edge of his forehead over the eyebrow. His face was framed and he was staring at me like those dangerous bad boys" I added still in awe. But mainly to divert from her question.

"Aww" I heard my sister say.

"Claire! " I heard my name.

"Mom's calling you again. Better go now or you receive insults later" Judy smirked and fell back to bed.

I jumped out of the bed and ran to the door.

"Don't keep daydreaming about Xavier Curt okay? " I said quickly as I jumped off the stairs.

I could hear a faint giggle and I smiled.

On getting to the living room,  I stared at mom's red hair.

"Mom,  you've tinted your hair red! " I yelled and she turned her head around.

"Right dear,  a different look. How is it"

I snickered and wobbled to sit beside her on the three sitter sofa.

"Nice,  I'm sure dad will love it"

She wasn't smiling and glanced at the dress I was wearing.

I hadn't changed into my night dress and I could see her face turn up into a frown. She opened her mouth to speak.

"It's fine mom. I was going to change later when you called me. What was it? "

Her expression fell and I sensed it.

"Well,  I called to tell you I planned we're  going on a picnic for your birthday" she paused seeing my smile, "but your dad said since you just resumed,  I'd rather have it cancelled. So,  I want to know what you think"

I instantly formed a pout. What am I supposed to say?

I had no idea.

"I'll think about it. Dad could be right but I'll sleep over it.  Whatever it is,  I'll tell you tomorrow."

She nodded and shrugged. "Alright dear. Go to sleep now. "

"Yes,  have you called dad? " I said while standing up to go

"Don't worry. He's coming home this week probably tomorrow or the next"

"Okay. Love you mom. Goodnight " I mumbled whilst pulling mom into an hug.

I ran up the stairs afterwards.

----------

"I've tried my best. I'll see you by closing if it persists"

Drake nodded and gave me a brief side hug before going.

I sighed and turned to walk to class. My stomach had been giving me a tough time and I guessed it's my period. I didn't even figure it would turn up now.

Oh!  I should've.

I skipped two last week and It came back for me this week.

I frowned as I limped a bit to class. I was just about entering the class when I saw a face flash by. I stared at it and realised it was Xavier.