Chapter Twenty

"Who's he dear? "

I couldn't just explain. How could I say it's Xavier..... The same person I had told mom about only to find out he's a  boxer.

"No one. " I said and I knew he heard.
"Mom,  can I take a break? I need to go to the restroom. "

"It's okay dear..... This boy is looking at you as if you know him,  do you? "

"Let her go, Mom. " Judy quickly said.

I didn't wait any seconds,  I ran to the exit and stopped at the hallway. It wasn't the fact he's a boxer that hurt me. But the fact that he hid it pained more.

I know too well he has a job but I never expected that all those bruises on his face could be from this?

I was not going to be the fool here to believe Xavier is the good guy. If not, why would he hide the fact from me? I thought he said it all that day but now I realise he didn't. He just hid it just like I never expected.

I scoffed and was going to go back so I could tell my parents we were leaving. Once I turned,  I saw someone limping towards me.

"Claire? Claire...." I knew it was him so I turned to run away. "Please wait... "

I didn't listen. I just continued to run to any nearby restroom. Then,  I heard a loud yelp.

I stopped in my tracks and hesitated to turn.

"Is he hurt?..." I waited for a reply but all I heard is another yelp. I turned but I couldn't really see anything so I moved closer, since the gap between us wasn't much.

"Hey, are you hurt?" he yelped again and I jerked back a bit. I bent to see his face since he wasn't really facing me.
He kept his face down. I noticed he was now wearing a blue shirt hanging all open and showing his bare and wounded chest.

He groaned. "I'm sorry for not telling you. "

"You should be." I coldly said and observed him one last time. I could his wrist covered with blood. His knees too were a bit bloody. His chest too was another bad sight. The pity I felt was replaced with anger. "I guess you should be fine alone. I should go. " I turned to go but he pulled at my left hand and I stopped in my tracks.

"I'm really sorry but please,  let me explain. "

"Let me go Xavier! You don't owe me any explanations." I pulled my hand away with force and adjusted the sweater I was wearing before walking away.

I could hear his rapid breathing behind me but I closed my eyes to stop myself from turning. Someone suddenly pulled my hand. I was trying hard not to bulge but the force was too much as he seemed to press all his left strength into my wrist and he yanked my whole body to the wall causing me to gasp.

"Leave me! Let me go! " I tried to control my anger and started to breath in so hard. "Let me go" I whispered.

He was breathing heavily but I didn't look up.

"I'm injured and you're here giving a strong head. Please calm down... " he trailed off.

I looked up and met his gaze. I studied his face. It was swollen on the cheek and bruises were at the corner of his swollen eye. His face was red and it was pathetic. He was looking at me as if he was the innocent.

I rolled my eyes shaking off the hint of pity. "Don't act as if nothing happened. Just stop this madness and let me go. "

"Will you listen to what I want to say? "

"No" I sharply replied meeting his gaze again. This time he was smirking. "You  should stop trying to give your charming smile. It's not gonna work on me,  okay? "