𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼

"How the fuck did you get in here?" you grabbed onto the side of your couch, trying to catch your breath. "I could have killed you."

Hawks let out a small yet comforting laugh, tilting his head back slightly. "You need to get better with your defense skills," he said jokingly, but you actually took that seriously. "Am I that bad?" you then asked.

"What? No. I'm just messing with you, I'm sure you could have handled that nicely if I had been a villain," Hawks answered your question. You looked up at him before letting out a short sigh. "is something bothering you? You seem stressed."

Frustratedly, you walked around your couch and took a seat, the red-winged hero following you. "Just thinking about some things...how did you even get in?" you were quick to change the subject, that way he didn't ask what was truly bothering you. You didn't wanna be in a depressive state for the rest of the day. "Your window is open. I thought I'd trick you,"

Your lips parted, eyes diverting to the short hallway that led down to your bedroom. "I never leave my window open," you told him before standing up. Hawks watched you disappear into your room and followed in after you. "Now that I think about it," Hawks pondered, grabbing his chin. "that is pretty strange. Maybe you forgot to close it?"

"Hawks, I never even open it," you shook your head, pulling the window down and trying to lock it shut. "the lock is broken..."

Both of you were super close and had eventually become best friends. Others would probably say that you were overreacting about the whole thing, but you only open it when it rains. It hasn't rained in days. And you're rarely ever even home. You would know if you had opened it. Hawks suddenly walked over, taking a good look at it. "Whoever it was, really wanted in your bedroom,"

You looked up at him. "Did someone break-in while I was sleeping?" Hawks saw the panic spark in your eyes and he became serious, trying to help you calm down. "We don't know yet, okay? You can stay with me for a few days and we can have someone sent out here to investigate it. Sound like a plan?"

"I'm sorry, Hawks. I know you're trying to help, but how did I not wake up? I'm a light sleeper...the lock is on the inside, so they had to have been inside. How else would they have gotten inside - oh my god...when you knocked, I didn't even have to unlock the door when I opened it the first time," you rambled on, Hawks grabbing hold of your shoulders. "someone was inside my house last night Hawks."

The winged hero's eyes softened. "Just grab a few things to bring to my place and we'll figure things out. I promise," suddenly you stepped away from him at that word, wincing. "Don't promise me anything," you snapped suddenly.

He was taken aback and you then relaxed, composing yourself. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you...I just...don't like promises,"

"I promise I'll never leave your side," Touya grinned at you proudly. "It's always gonna be me and you."

"No, it's okay. I understand. Just...pack a few things and let's go to my place, I have ramen and we can stay in all day," Hawks assured you with a smile on his face.

You did as he said, grabbing necessities and fresh clothing, including your hero suit. Before leaving the bedroom, you took a look around before staring at your window closely. Somehow, you had a feeling that it wasn't a stranger. Walking back into the living room, you noticed Hawks cleaning up the remains of the shattered cup.

"That's okay, I can get it," you said, rushing over and putting your bag down. "No, no. I insist. I did scare you after all," your lips curved into a smile, and then you took a step back. "Thank you, Hawks,"

-

Both of you arrived at his apartment after a wild ride of him carrying you. "You're fucking crazy," you mumbled once you made it inside. "Come on, you gotta admit...that was kinda fun. I enjoyed carrying all the way here," Hawks let out a laugh. "I'm glad you enjoyed watching me fear for my life," you shook your head, taking a look around the apartment. "Oh come on," Hawks lifted his brows at you, a smile held proudly on his face. "you know I wouldn't have let you fall."

You sighed. "Whatever you say," he watched as you set your things down by your side quietly, still looking around the place. "You act like this is the first time you've been to my place," Hawks said to you making you turn slightly, facing him.

Often you two spent time together whenever you weren't on duty. Of course, you were always on alert in case anything happened, but you had your fun together. You enjoyed having him around, mainly cause he reminded you of Touya. Sometimes, you'd tried to distance yourself from Hawks, guilty that you were replacing Touya with him.

It wasn't like that. Or at least you tried to tell yourself that.

"It just feels...different," you replied to him. Hawks found that quite confusing, considering nothing has changed around the place. "anyway...where's the ramen bitch bird?"

Hawks let out a loud laugh before heading into the kitchen.

You two spent time together, eating ramen collectively and talking about future missions and such. Finally, it was time for bed and you found yourself brushing your teeth. Hawks had fallen asleep almost an hour ago and you were just now finding the motivation to actually get up.

Despite having a good time with Hawks, your mind remained on who could have been in your apartment room. You kept coming up with more questions to ask yourself as time went on.

You hated feeling this way. Someone had broken into your apartment and you weren't even alerted by it. Before, you were just confused and scared. Now it's just confusing, not scary.

Something felt off about the whole thing, which soon concerned you. While entering Hawks' place today, you suddenly felt homesick. That was odd, considering how you were just scared moments before.

As you finished brushing your teeth, you washed the sink, your brush included, before staring at your reflection in the mirror. Without even thinking, your hand reached up and touched your cheek softly.

Everything was fine just a week ago...why was everything starting to fuck up now, you asked yourself before letting your hand drop to your side, taking a step back.

Touya watched from across the street, you walking into Hawks' bedroom and climbing into bed with him. Jealousy erupted from within him. It took everything he had to hold himself back from going in there. He had to understand that you had to move on eventually.

But he cared for you too much.

Which is why he had been watching over you all this time. Making sure you stayed safe. Touya saw how you were constantly in pain. As much as he didn't want to keep going on with this, he knew he had to.

Simply giving you small clues, was enough. Or so he thought.

-

this is all i'm gonna publish until at least next sunday. i wanna be able to catch up in pre writing some chapters