𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

When you woke up, the bed was empty. There was no sun shining down on your face this time and you realized you hadn't dreamt at all. Rubbing the back of your head, you rose.

Getting out of bed, you stretched and stared out the window. Today you had to meet up with Aizawa so you could talk about future plans with Class 1-A. Before doing that, you had to make sure to go back to your place to investigate yourself. You didn't feel like getting anyone else involved with this.

All you needed to do was tell that to Hawks.

Exiting the bedroom, you went into the kitchen where Hawks had left a note for you.

Got things to do today, make yourself at home if you have nothing else to do. You know where the ramen is and such! Try not to have too much fun without me around! You read that and put it down, glad he hadn't mentioned the apartment.

-

You adjusted your cloak, walking inside the large building. Your skirt had a gap in it, showing off the shorts and dagger you had holstered upon your thigh. "Elementa!" stopping suddenly, you turned around seeing Deku and Shouto. "Oh, hey you guys. Where are the others?"

"They are back at the dorms, we were just walking around," Deku responded and you looked to Shouto. He was the kid brother of Touya, so he was practically family to you. Neither of you really spoke to each other anymore, which upset you. Sometimes, you'd visit the Todoroki family and bring them lunch, but since the dreams started up, you stopped. "I should get going," you scratched the back of your head nervously. "don't want Aizawa to get angry with me for being late."

Deku smiled. "Okay then. See you tomorrow!" Shouto looked up at you as you sent a quick wave and began to turn around. His mouth opened to say something but he froze. Deku noticed. "What's wrong?" he asked Shouto. "Nothing. Let's just go," he said and began walking in the other direction.

"You're late," Aizawa said as the door opened, revealing your nervous figure. The room was full of pro heroes, concerning you. "My apologies. Is everything okay?" you then asked, taking a look around the room. "I know we were meant to discuss future plans with the class...but something more serious has popped up," Aizawa had his arms crossed as he replied.

You nodded understandingly. You weren't expecting this at all. You were rarely ever included in these meetings. Walking over to Hawks, he stared at you as you took a seat next to him. "As you know The League is on the move again," Principal Nezu stood up, starting the meeting. "we need to be more cautious with our surroundings. They're after something here. We're not sure what it is exactly, but I'm assigning Elementa and Eraserhead to watch over the dorms tomorrow at midnight."

"Please, sir. Allow me to stay as well," Hawks stood abruptly, startling you. You looked up at him. "I'm afraid I can't let you do that. We don't need to make it obvious what we're doing. Elementa and Eraserhead are in the dorms most of the time, it is their class after all."

Hawks bowed his head, clenching his fist. You couldn't help but wonder why he was tense. "Understood," finally, he took a seat but refused to look at you. Principal Nezu continued on with the plan for tomorrow, but you suddenly spaced out.

You had never even seen The League in person. On television, of course, but you were a new pro hero, there was a lot you were new to. Your mind wandered over to Hawks. He was more tense than usual. Very rarely did he ever get this serious. This whole thing must be important to him.

The meeting had ended and you caught up with Hawks. "Are you okay?" Hawks looked at you, his mood completely changing. "I'm fine," he laughed. "I should be asking you that."

"Why me?" you both then started walking together. "You could be facing The League tomorrow. Are you sure you're ready for that?" Hawks was always caring, especially since you were his best friend. He was nervous for you. How could he not be? "I don't really have much of a choice-"

He stopped. "You can go in there right now and tell him you're not comfortable with it, I'll be at your side," you also stopped, looking back at him. "Why are you so against me doing this?" Hawks' gold eyes stared into yours.

"I don't want you to get hurt. I'm sure you're nervous," was his only response and a smile crept onto your face. "I'm a big girl, Hawks. I can do it. I'm gonna have to learn to do things like this anyway. Besides, I'll have Aizawa with me,"

That didn't really matter to Hawks. You were still going to be out there and there was no telling what could happen. Maybe he could get in serious trouble for doing this, but he wanted to be at your side anyway. "Yeah...sure. I'm gonna head out, I'll meet you back at my place," Hawks then walked past you, your eyes following him.

"Okay..." you trailed off, confused. "actually, Hawks...I'm gonna pick up my things and head home for the night."

His eyes widened. "But your window? I was gonna go out and check it out myself," you shook your head. "No, please don't do that. I wanna do it on my own," Hawks thought he had upset you, which wasn't the case at all.

If anything, you were just confused as to why he was being this way. This was your job as a pro hero, you have to do these things. You also couldn't see that Hawks had cared deeply for you. You were only ever used to one person caring about you. And he was gone.

He watched as you disappeared in the hallway before slamming his fist against the wall. "Damnit!"

Aizawa suddenly walked up, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Y/n is her own person, Hawks. You have to let her breathe,"

"It's not like that," Hawks responded to him, standing face to face with the older male. "I just...lately, she's been off her game. And if The League really does happen to show up tomorrow...there's no telling what could go wrong." Aizawa understood what he was saying. "I know, don't worry. I pay attention."

You weren't prepared at all for what was to come.

-

hi everyone