𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

Your eyes shifted over to the window as you walked over to the bed. Right now, you should be getting rest for tomorrow, but you felt desperate. Your dagger laid under the pillow, waiting patiently for you to crawl into the cold bed.

Turning the light off, you then slipped under the covers, turning your back toward the window and staring at the wall. You didn't even know if this was going to work, but you were willing to lose sleep over it.

Something about the whole thing felt off. It didn't feel like just anybody to you, though. This was reckless. Very reckless. Squeezing your eyes shut, Touya appearing in your mind. "Stop it!" your voice was quiet, and it sounded like you were on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry little one...Touya has perished in the fire," the white-haired woman, known as Rei and Touya's mother stood in front of you. You were taken aback when Rei had wrapped her arms tightly around you, sobbing into your shoulder.

You stood there, emotionless, not knowing what to do. Everything seemed to have been moving in slow motion. Without even realizing it, you and Rei had ended up on the ground from you falling to your knees.

The woman never once released her grip, though, continuing to sob. You never got to say goodbye. Most importantly, you never got to tell him you loved him. Now you had to live without him. For as long as you lived, he would no longer be at your side.

The pillow was now soaked with tears and you opened your eyes, letting out a breath. "Why..." you always felt alone, but never like this. These memories were only making you miss those sweet moments with Touya, making you wish you had cherished them more than you already had.

-

Your eyes opened and you instantly jumped up from the bed, internally scolding yourself for falling asleep. After crying so much, you had grown tired and eventually passed out.

Nothing appeared to have moved, the window still closed. Your eyes diverted to the clock and they quickly grew. "Fuck!" rushing out of the bedroom and out of the house before realizing you hadn't even freshened up, or gotten dressed.

Speeding back to the apartment, you quickly did the best you could to look somewhat decent. Putting your hero clothes on, brushing your teeth, and grabbing a granola bar, you had locked the apartment up and ran all the way to the school.

You typically wake up two hours earlier, just so you could get woken up and eat a proper breakfast. But now you were almost late. Typically, it didn't matter if you hadn't gotten enough sleep, two hours was good enough for you.

You couldn't ever sleep long anyway, and if you do, you have to deal with constantly waking up.

After a long time of running, you made it to the school with a few minutes left. You then rushed to class 1-A. Standing in front of it, you blinked a few times and a sigh escaped your lips before the door opened. Aizawa stood there, almost as if he was ready to scold you. "You're not helping today. I was going to tell you yesterday, but you had already left,"

You cocked a brow. "What do you mean I'm not helping?"

"It means you're not helping. Now go prep for tonight. I'll meet you out front," the door slammed shut and you continued to stand there. Your shoulders then slouched and you looked down at your feet.

You had just rushed all the way here just for him to tell you that. You were conflicted about how to feel regarding it. "L/n," your head perked up, looking toward the voice that had called your name. "what's got you down?"

"I...I'm not helping today. Aizawa told me to go prep for the mission later tonight," you scratched the back of your head nervously, trying to hide the previous depressed state with a smile.

All Might studied you carefully. "Would you like some coffee?" he asked suddenly, your smile fading slowly as you nodded. Without saying anything, both of you had started walking to the teacher's lounge.

He and Aizawa both. They seemed to both read you like an open book, they just act on it differently the best way they can. As Aizawa had told Hawks, he knew that you seemed off recently, so giving you the rest of the day to prepare for tonight was best for you. All Might had noticed the eyebags, hoping you'd agree to coffee in hopes to help give you some energy.

Although you rarely drank coffee, and preferred tea, sometimes coffee was good.

Taking a seat on the couch after pouring your cup of coffee, All Might proceeded to follow your actions. "Tonight is your first mission as a pro-hero...is that correct?" All Might then took a drink of his coffee. "Yeah. I was super excited about it, but I haven't been getting much sleep recently and I'm really tired,"

"Is the apartment treating you well?" you almost froze at the question. Had Hawks said something to him about the break-in? "Everything is great. I love it, thank you for helping me find it," a smile appeared on your lips and he sent you a soft one.

"You can't hide your feelings forever," he said. Lowering your cup, you looked at him. "I'm not hiding them. I just don't like talking about it. Not like it matters anyway, am I right?" you let out a nervous laugh but stopped once realizing All Might was serious. "I'm okay. No need to worry about me. I just...got a big day ahead of me, which...I should probably go and prep for," you stood suddenly, walking over and pouring the coffee out into the sink, rinsing it out afterward.

Once it was clean, you faced him. "Sorry to cut this short...I should go. We can talk another time," All Might let you go, knowing that anything he said wouldn't be able to stop you.

You had vanished and he let out a sigh, throwing his head back. "That girl..."