Chapter 1

This chapter is dedicated to @Riya_Fanfic_Writer, for being an amazing reader, for showing you care.

"It's alright," Merlin whispered, holding her close. He blinked repeatedly, trying to push away tears that were threatening to spill and drop onto her, his friend, dying in his arms as he watched. Holding her close was the only act of mercy he could allow for himself, and he hated himself then.

Morgana struggled in his firm arrest, legs thrashing against the cold floor as the poison fired through her veins. Merlin? He was not just a servant, she had known for long, but a dear friend of Camelot, and of Arthur. Thoughts shot rapidly through her mind, as she felt the pain surge and her time drawing close.

Why would Merlin poison me? Because I was immune to the spell that put everyone else to sleep? Because he realized I was with Morgause now? But she's my sister, my kin, one of...my kind. But, we were.. we were friends, were we not? If he were to kill me, why would he not do it faster? Why torture me so?

She gasped in pain, and Merlin finally met her gaze, slowly, almost as though it pained him. "Merlin, please. I... It hurts. It's like fire."

To her surprise, Merlin's eyes welled up in tears almost immediately, and he looked surprised. "It's not, it's not supposed to do that."

Morgana swallowed as she felt it tear at her insides, then screamed in pain. Merlin held her tighter, closer to his chest, his face nearly buried in her hair like he was kissing the top of her head, and murmured something she couldn't make out. She felt the pain subsiding, and could feel her emotions more clearly. Betrayal, shock, longing, trapped. Anger. She closed her eyes and saw two faces in her mind. Her sister, running down hallways somewhere near this chamber, running to her rescue, able to sense her pain. And Merlin. With tears threatening to escape the entrapment of his long dark lashes, muttering prayers to anyone who would hear.

"It's your magic, Morgana. It's fighting."

"The poison you served." She mumbled weakly.

Merlin tried to say something, but the doors burst open, and the last thing Morgana saw before her eyes shut was her sister in all her glory, fighting for her, against Merlin, who cradled her head against his chest until he had to part with her.

***

So? What did you think? 

I know the first chapter was rather short, but I most definitely will try to make the other chapters longer. Please check out the music (which is not mine) and listen to them along with the chapters. 

You don't have to, it's only a recommendation, I try to add instrumental music of songs that I feel might have relevant feels to add to the emotional turmoil in the chapters. 

Happy reading!

Monarch.