Humanity's Strongest Soldiers

The day of ceremony arrived.

Hanji along with her squad left for the expedition. I was getting bored at my room, so I got ready and went to Erwin.

"What are you doing here Levi, you should rest in your room." Erwin said to me.

"I have rested enough. I will come in the ceremony as well." I said.

"What? I can't allow that. You should rest." Erwin said.

"Try ordering me again and I will be expelled, meaning Mikasa have to take lead, and she isn't experienced yet." I replied coldly.

"Levi" Erwin said my name in fear and then, he gave up.

"Fine. You can stay."

I smirked. "But at one condition." he continued.

"What?" I asked.

"You will be kept under care of someone. You will have to help the cadet as well. Do you agree?"

"Who is that cadet?"

"You will know sooner" he replied and left.

I went into my room and started doing some paper works. Today was a sunny day, so I took off my shirt and was in shorts.

Suddenly, I saw Mikasa in my room. I begin, "Oi Brat! What are you doing here?"

"Commander Erwin told me to be your in charge"

"Erwin. Tch"

"No need of your help. I'll do it all on my own."

"What Heich- Levi?"

"He kept you as my in charge right?"

"Yes"

"So that we both help each other with our speeches, since that four eyes would be busy in the expedition."

"Sorry Levi, an order is an order."

I sighed. "Fine. Just don't disturb me."

"I may disturb you. Erwin said to take care of you."

"Tch. I don't need anyone's care." I replied with slight tone of fury.

"May I ask you the reason Levi?" she asked.

"No. You may sit here and prepare for the speech while I complete my daily chores." I ordered.

"Fine." she replied.

Mikasa sat on the couch, while I stood up and went to cupboard where I kept my broom and mop.

"Are you going to clean this room in this condition as well?" she asked.

"Yes" I replied coldly.

"May I help you in this? I am getting bored plus this speech stuff is boring."

I thought for a while.

"Alright. Have this."

"Thank you Levi." she replied with a slight smile.

It took us an hour to complete. I was exhausted.

"Here have this." I passed a cup of Black tea.

"Thank you Levi." she took it.

I drunk the tea, holding my cup from rim instead of its handle, while noticing Mikasa watching me.

Mikasa was smiling looking at me.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"Nothing. I have finished, shall we start with the speech?"

I finished my tea. "Come let's begin."

It took us an hour or two to complete. I looked at the time. 4:30pm.

"Oi Mikasa. Get ready. We have to leave soon." I reminded her.

"Yes sir."

She left for her room.

I sighed. Finally I'm alone again in my room. Till now everything's under control. Thank God Mikasa didn't disturb me much. I shall get ready and leave.

I wore my usual Survey Corps uniform, with my green cape with the wings of freedom on the back. I saluted myself to myself in the mirror.

"I am ready."

I went out and met Erwin.

I was giving him a death stare, when Mikasa arrived.

"Prepared Mikasa?" Erwin asked.

"Yes sir" she replied with a salute.

"Good. Lets leave." I said.