Gaze

I woke up. I saw the time. Quarter to 3. I guess, I can't defeat my insomnia, even if I'm drunk. I got up. Someone's arms wrapped around me? Whose hands are these? I turned and saw, Mikasa? How did she end up in my bed? Suddenly, my head started paining.  All memories of last day started flashing before my eyes. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shittttttt. I opened up. I knew if you want to see me vulnerable, see me broken, just meet me when I'm drunk. The way I opened up in front of Hanji, the way I opened up in front of Petra. The way I opened up before Mikasa. Hanji and Petra are understandable, I mean not understandable, I mean, grrrr.

I got up without waking Mikasa up, went into my kitchen and made my favourite Black Tea. I went to the table and sat down, and started sipping my tea. I was feeling uncomfortable here. I was feeling suffocated. I got up with my tea, and went to the terrace. 

I felt a bit comfortable, but, I don't know, I was feeling a bit guilty, as if I was cheating on someone. But I was... I wish Petra was here. She knew how to handle me when I am in this state. Suddenly, I felt someone hugging me from behind. I was shocked but it was comforing as well.

"Why you left me Petra?" I asked.

"I guess I was meant to be in your heart and not in your life." she replied.

"Now I am alone again as I used to be

"Now I am alone again as I used to be. No one for me. At least good. Now no one will die." I replied.

"No Heichou, we died because of accident. Stop being a kid and believing you are cursed that people who are close to you will die." she said.

"Look at you. Everyone knows you were closer to me. Took great care of me. And now, you are no more, Only if I was there." I clenched my fists.

She hugged me tighter, "You couldn't have done anything. It was an accident."

I lowered my head, and tried to hold back my tears.

"My time is coming closer Levi. I need to go."

"For the first time, I am feeling so alone, I want someone. I want you here. Please don't go." I replied trying my best to hold my tears.

"I am always with you Levi. Just not as human. Fate seems to have a different plan. You are meant to be with someone, not me."

"Who? I don't want to be with anyone now, I have lost enough close ones. No more. Grrrrrr."

"When you open your eyes, you'll meet her." she said and vanished.

"No Petra!" I cried and woke up on my bed.

I was breathing heavily. I felt my heart broken in pieces. I was so angry, I wanted to go to Training Room, I didn't care whether its night time. I saw the time. Quarter to 3. Wait, isn't that, no way. I tried to get up, I realised someone was holding my arm. I turned to see who it was. Mik-Mikasa? She is the chosen one? It can't be. I-I must be dreaming again. No I am not dreaming. I got out of my bed, without disturbing her, went to kitchen, made my tea mindlessly, still trying to recover from my shock. I didn't even get to know when my legs took me to the terrace. I was standing there, at the same place, gazing the stars. I guess the effect of alcohol hasn't reduced.

I was reliving my memories, my moments with Petra, everything, including that dream.

Suddenly, I sensed someone behind me. I knew who it was.

"You woke up?" I asked. "Isn't the sky beautiful?"

"Indeed." she answered watching the sky.

"Come, sit here." I said pointing towards one of the log which was kept here.

"Heichou, why are you awake, and why are you here?" she asked.

"I and Petra used to come here." I answered. "I have insomnia. I can not sleep for long. Whenever I used to drink, Petra used to take care of me."

I gulped some tea.

"The days I used to drink were the days when Petra used to stay till late and next day be scolded by Erwin. Due to my insomnia, I used to wake up early, while she used to keep up with me. Ending in failures, yet somehow, she knew when I came up here. She used to wake up the moment I'm here and we used to talk for hours.

I guess she was the only one with whom I talked much. With her gone. I was back to being same old secretive Levi."

I took another sip.

"Until I met you yesterday night. Thank you Ackerman. Thanks a lot for taking care of me."

I got up. "And thanks for listening me tonight. By the way, don't expect me to treat you the same in the morning as I am treating you now." I smirked.

"Good night Mikasa. Go and sleep. I'll take care of myself." I completed and walked towards the gate.

"Heichou!" she called me. "Yes" I responded. "Would you mind? After this mission? If we come here to gaze at night sky?" she asked me hesitantly. Not gonna lie, this statement of hers, I-I was shocked, but I remained calm and replied, "I'll think of it." "Thank you Heichou" she responded . "Take Care Levi sir."

This girl, she is giving me shocks repeatedly. I guess her shocks are even deadlier than electric shock, my eyes went wide, but I controlled it somehow and left.

I decided no more interactions, no more getting close to her. I will defy fates, and stay alone. No more 'cheating on' Petra, no more losing any close ones. Plus, she has feelings for Eren, so it doesn't matter right?