Mikasa's Reaction

"No no no! I won't accept this plan." Mikasa opposed. "Mikasa!" Hanji tried to calm me down, "No means No. I thought Eren was a mad person, but Heichou! You too!? You are joining him as well!?" she yelled.

"We don't have any choice now Mikasa, its our only way to end this all" Hanji tried to calm her again.

"And I will do what's necessary for people" I completed.

"But..." she was about to say something when I cut her off, "Mikasa Ackerman!"

"Yes sir" she replied hesitantly, holding back her tears forming in her eyes.

"Its an order and you have to oblige" I said with a harsh tone.

"Yes sir" she replied with a low tone.

"Does anyone else have any objection?" I asked everyone.

"No sir" everyone replied in unison.

"Dismissed" I ordered.

We all started to disperse when Hanji tapped Mikasa's shoulder and gestured her to wait. She waited while I left.

I went straight into the training room and was punching the punching bag madly. I don't know what was going on in my mind but I was badly angry. Few minutes later, I was exhausted so I sat on a mattress near the bag, looking at my hands.

I sensed Mikasa approaching me. I hid my hands so she doesn't see this.

"What is it brat, why are you here at this time?" I asked.

"What is it that you are hiding?" she asked.

"Nothing of your concern." I replied. She may have suspected. Argh. She started begging me to show my hands.

At the end, I gave up and showed her my hands. She was struck by horror to see.

"Happy now Mikasa? Now let me train again" I replied

"I am sorry" she said.

"You shouldn't. You haven't done anything. I lost two of my fingers because of that snitch.

Now my only aim in life is to kill that bastard, and I don't care what it takes." I said.

Then I stood up and begun to punch the bag again. I sensed she is holding back her tears.

"Don't" I begun, "It would hurt. Just go to your room and let it all out. I know how it feels. Go."

She nodded and left.

"Its a do and die situation. Do it, then die." I said before leaving.

During night, I sneaked into her room, don't ask me how, I did. On seeing her, I broke, again.

"Ackerman. You both stay. He was your special friend wasn't he?" I begun, "For his sake, you need to do this. I can't lose someone like you, I've lost enough." I was caressing her hair, while she slept peacefully, her cheeks still wet because of tears.

"I wish I could be with you now. Hug you, comfort you, because you deserve and need that. Sadly, I can't because I'm not someone you love. I know you hated me, though I still have a doubt why you wanted to spend time with me in the terrace. Maybe you admired me as your senior, and wanted to know more about me, because we are of same clan." I smirked, "We aren't related though." A grin came on my face, "However, many think we are related. Fools." I laughed.

I looked at my hand, and said, "This may be the last time I touch you though. I will never let any of my soldier fall even if it means to die." Then I clenched it. "And I swear. I will kill Zeke for sure this time. I will avenge all my fallen friends and comrades. And at the end, I will kill Eren. I will try my best not to let any other soldier fall, except for Eren."

"You know when I was unconscious, I saw a strange dream-" I paused. She doesn't need to know Levi. "Nothing" I got up and left.

Next day approached in the wink of an eye. I and my soldiers departed for Marley. This war will be a turning point for Humanity. I reminded myself and begun the journey.