CHAPTER 5

The old man arrived at the said restaurant early as always.  He's being like that ever since, he really hates being late. He sat at Lisa's assistant reserved table for the two of them.  As he waited for Lisa to arrive her cellphone suddenly rang.  He saw her daughter's name on the screen and he smiles instantly. 

He answered it immediately.  "Daddy, why aren't you here yet? I'm already at home I just finished my photoshoot."  said of her precious daughter on the other line.  "Sweety, I still have a very important dinner meeting today."  he smiled in response.  "Is that so daddy? Ok mommy and I will wait for you here!"  He smiles and shook his head  while thinking that his daughter  still hasn't changed. Jennie is still like a child when it comes to him and he also loving it. Suddenly, the old man was surprised because he did not realize that the person he was waiting for was in front of him, quietly listening to their conversation with his daughter. He quickly stood up and greeted the man as he bowed his head. The two immediately sat down after feeling each other.  The waiter immediately approached their table and took their order.  Lisa was silent as he stared at the old man. Based on the information she read about the family of the man in front of him, Jennie was born when her father and mother was in their mid-forties.

""Mr. Kim, I will straight to the point. I have appointed a meeting with you tonight so that we can talk about your company's debt to my company." Lisa started. "However, I found out that you do not yet have enough money to pay off your debt to me." the old man gulped to Lisa's words.

"Sadly to tell you President Manoban  that my company can't pay the debt to you in just one month period with a very huge amount. But I'm doing my best to save such a large amount, Sir."  He apologetically bowed his head to the so-called mighty man of Asia. As Lisa watched the old man, she realized that he was sincere in what he was saying.

"Well Mr. Kim, I have something to offer you."  Lisa said while drinking his wine. "I'm looking for a woman to conceive my heir." He was looking straight in Mr. Kim eyes. The old man was confused on what Lisa was saying until he realized what Lisa wanted to convey to him.  He suddenly felt agitated. "What do you mean,  President Manoban?" He nervously asked Lisa. ""I want to marry your daughter in exchange for the debt you owe me." Lisa said to Mr. Kim shamelessly and without hesitation. Jennie's father suddenly felt nervous. Mr. Kim knew there were many more dreams his daughter  wanted to fufill for herself and he did not want to hinder those dreams by letting Jennie be the payment of his debt. He was afraid that Lisa might just take advantage of Jennie’s weakness as a woman, she knew Lisa as a ruthless businessman and arrogant person.

"As a father, I can't promise that thing to you President Manoban. I have no right to decide for my daughter's future husband. She alone will decide for herself in terms of marriage. As a father, I'm only here to guide and support to whatever decisions she make" the old man stated. "My daughter is very precious to me. She deserve the world she doesn't deserve to be a compentiation. I will sell my properties just give me two more months, President. If you have anything to discuss I'll go now my family is waiting for me." He immediately got up from his seat and hurriedly leave the place. He's very upset with the idea that his daugther will be the debt repayment.

"Boss what will you do now?" the assistant asked Lisa worriedly. "I need you to send my lawyer to their company by tommorrow morning." Lisa's   mood was change into darker. He couldn't believe he was easily declined just like that. What Lisa want Lisa get and he will do everything to make Mr. Kim approve by his proposal.

At Kim's mansion

"Dad, you're here!" Jennie hugged her father. "Hon, did your dinner meeting end early? Mrs. Kim  hurriedly hug his husband also. "Yeah, I declined his proposal right away." Mr. Kim smiled to his wife and to her daughter. "Daddy, why you decline it?? what if that will help us pay off our debt? Jennie innocently ask her father. "That's not the matter, sweety. What matter most is you and your mom."

"Hmmm. . .No dad. I know how much you've work just to put up the company. Mommy and I will not allow anyone to take it away from you, dad." Jennie said those words with all determination to her parents. Mr. Kim tapped his daughter's head "Sweety, you are the most important to us. Okay?"

"Ok enough. " Mrs. Kim called his husband and daughter for dinner. "Come on guys let's eat. I cooked a very delicious meal for tonight!" The two quickly went to their dining room. "Yeah, we're coming mommy!"

8:30 am in the morning,  Jennie was finished preparing herself to go to work. "Goodmorning Mrs. Choi! where are my parents?" She asked their maid. “They left early, Ms. Kim." Jennie smiled to their maid and she went straight to thier dining room. While she's eating her breakast she suddenly decided to visit first her parents. "Mr. Choi, did they eat their breakfast?" She asked the lady. "No Ms. Kim. They are in a hurry I think someone really important was waiting in your company." Jennie got confused. "In this early?" Jennie continue to eat her breakfast. After a few minutes, Jennie finished eating. "Mrs. Choi can you please help me to prepare Dad and Mom's breakfast? I want to visit them before I'll go to work." The two were very busy preparing for the foods Jennie will bring to her parents until they were done. Jennie immediately went to her car and drove it en route to thier company.

Meanwhile.....

"President Manoban want you to sign this agreement, Mr. Kim. It all stated here that you have 14 days remaining to own this company. Sadly to inform you, my client will take over this company if you will not able to pay within 14 days or you can have the second option and all your debt to him will be cleared out." The lawyer of Lisa Manoban was very early to give a notice to the owner of Kim Corporation.

"And what is the second option??" Mrs. Kim asked. " My client want to have your daughter, Mrs. Kim. She want to marry your daughter as a repaymnet for all your debt." Mrs. Kim was very surprised upon hearing the second option stated by the lawyer. "No. I will not give my daughter to him and that's final." Mr. Kim quickly signed the agreement. He will rather be poor than he will saw his daughter in a miserable life. "Ok Mr. Kim. I will be leaving now." The lawyer leaves after Mr. Kim firmly decided not to give his daughter to the man who is very dangerous and signed the agreement.

Concealed in their knowledege, Jennie was their hearing the conversation between the lawyer and her parents. Upon seeing the lawyer is about to leave Jennie hide herself to the back of the door. She was shocked knowing that she will be the answer of their problem if her parents will allow to happen it but she was so determine to help her father then she suddenly decided to follow the lawyer forgetting what her really intention why she was in their company.

Enjoy!! 🖤💗