Chapter 30

Day 5

<<Speaking English>>

Mills was all smiles as he walked into the firm early this morning, even with a security escort that watches his every move. He glanced in all directions, looking at every staff member as they looked back at him with disgust and betrayal. A total turn around when all of them use to look up to him with authority.

But he didn't care. He continued to smirk as he strolled the lobby, thinking about no matter what, everyone here would get what's coming to them. As far as he was concerned, these people would be out of a job eventually. A perfect payback to anyone who was disloyal to him.

'This firm will be nothing without me' he thought to himself as he gleamed at his own greatness. 'I'll be swimming in gold when all of them will be picking up the pieces of what's left of their lives.' He wanted to smile even more as he continued to move through the lobby.

Although the hassle with the embezzlement is still ongoing, they still can't directly connect him to it except for his brother. And even then it still turns into a big coincidence, it's not evidence against him. So he just has to wait and let it all play out.

He knew that he had nothing to worry about. His backup plans would eventually fall into place, even if it's at the last minute and unexpected.

And it all starts with Aimes deleting that Dultech file. Every little piece of evidence to convict him was all in there. So in a matter of days, it'll be gone forever and he won't have anything to worry about anymore.

Of course, Mills didn't trust Aimes to really keep his mouth shut forever. He saw Aimes as a fool who didn't have a spine. And it was only a matter of time before he told someone of what they did at the firm. So he knew that he'll have to arrange an "accident" for Aimes sometime in the near future.

His brother Phil was another problem, getting into a fight with authorities while they were investigating Dultech. How he could be so stupid was really the only thing that Mills worried about. Now they'll definitely investigate him further while he's in custody.

Mills kicks himself for letting Phil take advantage of all the spending he did from that secret account that had all the stolen money from the firm.
Although he admitted to himself that it was fun to travel and have all those women at his disposal, he knew that it was getting out of hand.

'At least he's knows how to keep his mouth shut' thought Mills, knowing that his brother wouldn't tell them anything. And after all is said and done, he'll have to take care of his foolish brother. Or else have to arrange another "accident" for him as well.

The one thing that has worked out was dealing with his wife. With all the confusion of the investigators confiscating his computers and turning is office upside down at his home, he did all he could to convince her that all this was just a huge mistake. Explaining to her and his kids that it will all go away soon.

Of course, he expected nothing new from his wife. He saw her as a lost puppy who'll listen to and believe whatever he says. All he had to do was play it cool and she'll believe anything he tells her. And after his divorce in a few more years, he'll be on easy street while she scrapes by. He knew how to hide his money, so she'll never know about it.

His kids were another matter, not that he cared about them except that they were good for his image. A family man can go a long way further on this business then a single one. And having kids is a definite plus. But now that they've served their purpose, and will be fully grown soon enough, he can dismiss them without a single thought. He won't have to pretend to love them in public or to praise them for their nonsense achievements like the moronic parents he sees every day.