Chapter 13

DAY 1

<<Speaking English>>

The day seemed to move along better for Yuzu after Mei apologized for her outburst. She felt like crying, but knew that it wasn't the right place to do it. She still apologized to Mei for the mistake and promised to do better, but Mei just reminded her to be more aware of everything from now on.

Even April accepted her apology, knowing that it wasn't personal. But she couldn't help wanting to know about the conversation she had with Mills, but protocol wouldn't allow her to pry into a clients business. Since she had to attend to other affairs, she decided to check on Yuzu later on.

They were able to find a table outside to eat lunch while going over their notes to send back home. Thanks to April's help with the recordings of the morning meeting, Yuzu was able to catch up and share the notes with Mei. They spent the rest of lunch hour eating while going over all the information they had.

At the same time, Mei was also trying to find the right moment to tell Yuzu of her dinner plans with Mills. She knew that she couldn't keep this from her for very long, but she told herself that it would have to wait for now. In any case, she knew that Yuzu would object.

As the lunch hour was ending, everyone was heading back to the conference room. Yuzu walked alongside Mei looking over her iPad of the notes they needed to send back home.

"The app is translating everything pretty good" says Yuzu. "I'll just need to go over it and make some corrections. I can do all that when we get back to the hotel later on."

Mei looked at Yuzu as they walked, watching her smile as she worked. "Be sure to send the notes in both languages" she said. "That way Miss Asuna can finalizes a report to grandfather for his review."

"No problem. I can do that" said Yuzu as they were approaching the double doors of the conference room.

Mei was quite as she felt the need to tell Yuzu of her plans, feeling that she couldn't wait any longer.

"Yuzu, wait" said Mei as she turned to Yuzu and placed her hand on her arm, her mind thinking of the right words to say. "Before we go back in there, I need to tell you that..."

"Don't worry Mei" said Yuzu with a smile, stopping her in mid-sentence. "I have this covered now. Thanks to April, I can take better notes and have them ready in no time at all. You'll see, everything's going to be alri..."

"I have dinner plans with Mr. Mills tonight" said Mei with a firm look, not wanting to hold back any longer.

Yuzu's expression changes from happy to shocked, not sure if she heard correctly.

"... What?" she asked.

<<Attention everyone>> said a voice on the microphone inside the room, which caught Mei's attention. <<We're about to continue with today's meeting in a few minutes. At this time, we ask everyone to please have a seat. Thank you.>>

"It's a business dinner" continued Mei to Yuzu's surprised look. "But I'll explain everything later this afternoon, I promise. Right now we need to get inside."

Mei turned towards the room as Yuzu stood in place, still in shock with what she was told.

"B... But Mei?" stuttered Yuzu.

"AFTER the meeting" said Mei sternly as she turned back to look at Yuzu, who was still without words. She then turned back around and walked inside as Yuzu continued to stand outside the room, still trying to comprehend what she was told.