Chapter 19

Day 2

<<Speaking English>>

<<... and if the firm will consider to fund into Multi-Cola, we believe that the profits will be justified. Thank you>> said a rep at the podium as the screen behind him went dark.

Several representatives around the conference table were conversing amongst themselves after the presentation, discussing the pros and cons of such an investment as they looked over the folders handed to them earlier.

<<Thank you Mr. Jackson from Nightwell Corporation>> said Mills, smiling as he moved towards the podium. <<And in a few minutes, we'll hear the final presentation from the Aihara Corporation.>>

Yuzu sat quietly against the wall, giving Mills a look of frustration over his stupid grin. She waited to hear from Mei, who was still seated at the table. They still hardly spoke to one another as Mei continued to write notes earlier, even during lunch. It was making her stomach ache a little as the anxiety of this moment was about to begin.

Mei would have to stand at the podium and give her report to everyone, including Mr. Fredrick and Mills. And since she didn't know what Mei was going to say, it made her nervous.

<<Miss Yuzu?>> said Mei as she stood, which startled Yuzu, making her stand right away.

<<Y... Yes Miss Aihara?>> she said.

<<Please begin passing out the folders. We'll begin in a few minutes. Thank you>> said Mei, who then turned back to the table to grab her notes and laptop.

Yuzu bowed to her, still feeling nervous as she turned to grab some folders. She then noticed April approaching her, ready to help like she was asked.

"You gonna be okay?" asked April, noticing something was bothering her.

"Yeah, I think so" said Yuzu with a nervous look. "I guess I'm more anxious over how she's gonna do instead of being mad at Mills right now."

"Well if it's the same way as the rest of these presentations, it's nothing to worry about. Just boring business talk" said April as she started to grab some folders. "But it still doesn't make sense why she wanted it moved to be the last one of the day."

"I don't know" said Yuzu with a sad tone. "I'm thinking it has to do with that email she got last night."

"Email?" asked April.

"Yeah" said Yuzu. "Last night she got some email from back home. I don't know when she got it or what it was about, but ever since this morning, she's been rewriting her whole presentation. Looking up things online and working like crazy to finish it. She's so focused on it and not even thinking about Mills at all, even barely talking to me.

"I just... I don't know what she's thinking about right now."

April listened to the tone of Yuzu's voice. It was obvious that she was worried about her sister, but there was something more then what wasn't being said.

"It probably helps her to concentrate" said April. "I mean she has to get up there and make a speech to everyone while trying not to think about last night.

"So this might be how she has to get through it. I'm sure once she's done, she'll be relieved and hopefully back to normal... or whatever normal is for her. So I wouldn't worry if I were you."

"Yeah, you're probably right" said Yuzu as she turned and looked across the room and noticed Mills talking to Mr. Aimes. With his conceited smile and his laid-back demeanor, it started to make Yuzu angry again.