F o u r

Y/n POV:

I woke up to an empty bed. It took some time to adjust to the bright sunlight that came shining through the big window. Natasha must have opened the blinds before she left. 

I looked at the clock to see that it was already 9am. I slowly got up and tiredly went into the bathroom where I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. I spit the water into the sink and put on my training clothes before I made my way downstairs.

I'm glad that Natasha and I get along again. It'll make things a lot easier plus I got back a friend.

As the elevator doors opened to the kitchen, everyone was already there, seated around the table, cheerfully chatting. Natasha was the first one to notice my presence. She smiled at me and gestured to the empty chair next to her that I thankfully took. God, how I've missed that smile.

"You must be Lady Y/n!"

Confused I looked to my left and saw a nice looking, tall man sitting next to me, who introduced himself as Thor, the God of Thunder. I haven't seen him yesterday so he must be new.

"I am, indeed" I kindly smiled at him and we started chatting. We hit it off instantly and I already liked him. He turned out to be a real funny guy. He told me everything about Asgard and how he met the Avengers.

"Asgard sound like a beautiful place." 

"Oh it is, believe me. I tell you something. One day I'll take you there and you can see for yourself"

After we all finished breakfast, Steve began to inform us about any further actions.

"So here's what's gonna happen. We are not here for fun so we have to stay in shape for upcoming missions. As a matter of fact we'll train all together today to improve our Teamwork and learn to trust each other."

I turned to Natasha. "I thought you guys already work together so why do we need this kinda stuff?" "We do but not for very long yet and Steve thinks it's important to do it regularly. It's one of the weird traits he apparently brought from his time in the ice. Could be fun tho." She shrugged and we both laughed a little.

After Steve was finally finished with his hero speech, we got up and began to wash the dishes. I was sitting at the counter when Sam approached me. 

"Wow, what did you do to make the famous Black Widow smile?" he teased.

I was a little confused and Nat gave him a dead stare in response. Given her face expression I knew that apparently she doesn't smile often.

"Apparently something you didn't" I said and we both smiled. 

Sam turned around and was about to leave when he whispered in my ear. "You'll tell me your secret later, right?" "Only if you ask very nicely" I playfully teased him and gave him a clap on his shoulder.

Ten minutes later we all met outside, waiting for any further instructions.

"All right guys, let's start with some simple hand to hand combat. Y/n, why don't you go first so we can get to know your skill set better."

I smirked a little. This is going to be fun. "Alright, who wants to go first? Steve, what about you? I promise I'll go easy on you" He shed a small smile. "Why not" 

"You sure you wanna go for it Steve?" Natasha's voice came from the back. She seemed to be the only one who didn't underestimate my potential. I might not look very strong, considering my small statue but you should never judge a book by its cover.

"Come on, what's the worst that could happen"

"Alright then"  

Steve started of by trying to get me down but I blocked his hand, twisted it around and swung myself onto his shoulders. It all happened so fast, it almost knocked him over but he was strong. I jumped of and he tried to grab my hand but I turned away and grabbed his neck at a sensitive nerve, which made him flinch and that on the other hand gave me the time to grab his head and push him down.