{8} oldest, gets the first piece

"PROMISE ME THAT WE'LL TELL HIM TOGETHER."

At the abrupt request, Natasha looked up from the phone in her hands; they were waiting for Peter outside of the apartment block so they could go straight to the tower. She turned to face Clint in her seat, the phone falling into her lap, "Yeah. I promise." Natasha said before holding her hand out expectantly- Clint didn't hesitate before gripping it in his own.

"This whole thing is a mess, and I don't know what I'm doing." She admitted after a moment.

Clint's expression looked contemplative as if he was thinking deeply about something before he huffed out a slight breath and looked up. He stared out of the windshield as he spoke before his eyes darted to the assassin. "We'll figure it out. What are friends for?"

Natasha smirked. "Just friends?"

"Best friends?"

"Better be Barton or else I'm going to have to murder someone for taking my spot."

Natasha threw him an easy smile and Clint returned the gesture with ease. The moment of vulnerability between them had dissipated the tense atmosphere in the car just as Peter practically jumped into the backseat, dropping a rucksack on the seat beside him. "What's going on?"

"You'd help me hide a body, right Peter?" Nat grinned over her shoulder.

"You need help?" Peter asked doubtfully, quickly putting on his seatbelt- Natasha drove like she had nothing to live for sometimes and he did not want to suddenly be hurtling through the windshield.

"No. But you'd help me, right?"

"Sure." Peter shrugged, as if the casual discussion of hiding bodies was a normal occurrence; Clint wondered if it had been for him once. "As long as no one tells Tony."

Triumphant, Natasha glanced at Clint. "Excellent."

There was a pause as Peter looked between the two assassins suspiciously. "Did I just agree to hiding a body this weekend? I've got midterms to study for."

"Not for definite, as long as Clint doesn't go getting any ideas." Clint let out a scandalized huff of air as Peter laughed from the backseat.

"Clint has ideas?"

"Beat it, Parker." He muttered, sticking out his tongue in the mirror- Peter retaliated by shooting a mock glare back in response. "And I would never Nat. You're the platonic love of my life."

Natasha rolled her eyes and smiled, "Thought so."

-

Decorations of banners and balloons littered the main room of the tower, as well as strings of lights that illuminated the space when the trio finally arrived.

Happily, Peter dropped his rucksack off to the side and wandered over to the coffee table that was teeming with presents. He settled a small, meticulously wrapped package on top which was joined by a pink enveloped card; Natasha smiled after him. He had been so excited about picking out the present and bought it weeks in advance- no one was allowed to see it until Wanda opened the gift first. Part of the assassin found it difficult to associate the Peter who loved buying gifts and drinking hot chocolates to the boy she had first met in the docks.

"Finally!" Tony cheered, entering the room in his usual fashion with a party hat on.

The billionaire ruffled Peter's hair as he passed him before shoving a party hat into the teen's hands whilst ordering Friday to turn on the lights. Multiple avengers began piling into the room as it was bathed in a pinkish, reddish light. Thor and Bruce entered together wearing matching hats; Thor ecstatic and Bruce somewhat reluctant- the sight made Clint snort into his drink that had been thrusted into hands courtesy of the billionaire. Natasha smirked at the floor. Bruce wandered over to the table to set down a card next to a present as the next to enter was Steve with Harley trailing behind; the teen perked up at the sight of Peter and was quick to join his side.

"Looking good Parker." he noted, gesturing to the hat. Peter elbowed him as Harley snickered and put on a hat of his own. "We match." he snickered.

"Bring her in Vision!" Tony announced, cutting off Peter's waiting remark.

A moment later, Vision appeared around the corner. He was guiding Wanda into the room, his hands held gently over her eyes as they shuffled forwards- Wanda let out a small huff of laughter when she walked into the couch, making Vision apologise profusely.

"It's alright Vis." she mumbled, her voice soft and fond.

"Happy birthday, Wanda." He said, the words bleeding with warmth and sincerity as he removed his hands. Wanda blinked a few times as she took in the sight of everyone gathered before her ears were met with a chorus of offkey voices singing a mismatched version of the happy birthday song.

Only Steve had the decency to look slightly sheepish at the atrocious singing, but Wanda didn't mind much as she smiled at the assembled group. "I don't know what to say- thank you." she breathed out.

Peter noted that she was wearing the red leather jacket from the battle of Sokovia. It had been patched up since the fight, courtesy of Natasha who had a surprising skill in sewing that she handed down to Peter. The woman also hadn't minded too much about giving up the jacket, not when she saw Wanda wearing it now and fiddling with the hem of the sleeve as she stood in front of them all.

"Cake then presents Sabrina." Wanda made a face at the nickname which only served to make ripples of laughter emerge from the crowd as they made their way to the kitchen.

Somehow, Clint ended up with his arm slung over Wanda's shoulder as he pulled her into his side, squeezing tightly for a moment before letting her go again. The teen smiled after him even as he slipped away again and she was being manoeuvred to the front and centre of everyone.

Wanda felt her chest tighten at the sight of the large cake.

Once again, the song was sung but suddenly on pitch despite Clint's obnoxious voice – Natasha hit him upside the head as Wanda watched the interaction with an amused expression.

"Oldest, gets the first piece." She declared when she cut the cake.

Her face was void of much emotion as she set the small plate to the side before she cut another. No one spoke for a few moments until she handed the knife over to Steve. Unconsciously, Clint's hand had moved to grip onto Natasha's in the back of the crowd.

Sensing the happy atmosphere dropping, Harley bounced forwards.

"Presents Wands, wait till you see what I got you." He boasted, tugging the girl out of the room. "You too Petey-pie." He added, his fist curling into Peter's jumper as he scowled at the nickname. Everyone laughed as the teen stumbled after him and the sombre silence that had fallen, broke. Wanda laughed even harder when Peter fell over his own feet while getting out the door, trying to feebly free himself from his boyfriend's surprisingly strong grip. 

A/N

This is kind of a filler chapter- but I needed an excuse to get everyone together and I also have a habit of dropping hints and references about Sokovia and Pietro because I love Wanda so much!

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.