{17} as all hell broke loose

AFTER NATASHA'S VISIT, Peter allowed the quiet of the cell to wash over him as he settled on the bed in the corner of the room.

His body still ached and was exhausted from the evening before, so he came to the conclusion that a good fourteen-hour power nap would be how he spent his time in seclusion. There was still the slight concern that the agents patrolling his cell were Hydra- but the teen had faith in Tony that he was watching the feed like the worrier he was.

So, albeit hesitantly, Peter took out his hearing aids and shoved them in his pocket. He breathed shallowly as the small bits of sound he could hear faded back into silence.

He laid back against the pillow and stared up at the ceiling for a beat before his eyes slipped shut.

The usual dark and shadowed shapes crowded his nightmares, followed by phantom voices and the feeling of cold, heavy metal weighing in his hands. Instead of being cast aside the sensations doubled and bled into reality when Peter jolted awake with the familiar feeling of rising terror in his throat. His body remained stiff on the bed as his eyes trailed the empty space of the cell, chest heaving.

Then, his body abruptly hauled itself upright on its own accord, sweat dripping from his skin as a scream ripped from Peter's throat and ricocheted off the walls in the cell.

Panicked and panting, he scrambled to his feet and backed away from the bed, his legs getting tangled in the blanket before he kicked it away sharply; he stumbled in the dark of the room. The only light was the dim lighting from the corridor as he scratched uselessly at his cuffs, crying out for the pain to stop- he reached for the burn mark and clawed at it. Tears ran down his cheeks, blurring his vision as he struggled for air- why was there no air? Why am I locked up?

Everything was too familiar and too cold and too dark and whyistherenoair?

He slumped against the door, fists pounding against the metal. The sound echoed throughout the tower as he babbled and cried to himself, begging feverishly.

"Open the door! Open the door- open the door, open the door!"

There was a barrage of footsteps, but the world was silent while Peter screamed at the top of his lungs, feeling invisible hands on him and a sharp, shooting pain- he scratched furiously at the burn again, his mind trapped in his nightmares where all he could do was scream.

The blue hue emanated from his hands in a blinding light, pulsing against the room as if trying to break down the walls or shatter the glass.

"What did you do to him?!" Natasha snarled.

His cries had sounded throughout the whole tower and sent everyone rushing from their rooms towards the cells in a frenzy- Natasha had rounded the corner first and demanded an explanation but the agents remained silent. As her eyes flicked between each of the agents standing before her, there was a distant hissing sound that started, making Natasha turn her head to face Peter's cell.

A gas was being pumped into the room through the ventilation system. Her heart lurched.

"Peter!" She called, the name tumbling from her lips before she caught it. As quick as the word had left her lungs, Natasha swung around with her left fist curled tight and slammed it into the nearest agent's jaw with all of her strength. The following crunch echoed in the air around them.

"Please, please, please, please-" His breathy pleas turned into babbly, uncoherent mumbles as his body sunk to the floor, limp and lifeless.

It fell deadly silent without his screaming and Natasha felt sick at the idea that she didn't know which was worse. Her head had snapped round and her body involuntarily took a step to the glass so she could see Peter's form on the ground, unmoving- he looked almost peaceful except for the tear tracks and the harsh redlines on his neck.

"Hands off her!" Clint ordered, followed by a parade of heroes. His bow was aimed at the nearest agent who was moving towards Natasha, attempting to take advantage of her moment of distraction.

Behind the archer, Tony was wearing the sleeve of his suit, his hand poised and ready to fire off despite his attention worriedly jumping to the cell. Still bleary eyed from sleep, Steve raised his shield whilst Thor looked menacing by his side with his hammer clutched in one hand- next to the God was Bruce, who was one shade of green away from becoming the hulk and smashing everyone to pieces and off the side, Wanda had shouldered her way to the front. She ignored Vision's attempt at holding her back; she was livid and out for blood.

Harley was to Tony's right, holding a baseball bat with his hair in every direction- he looked seriously sleep deprived and slightly manic, no one expected him to speak.

"What. Did. You. Do. To. Him?!" He bit out. The teen was still in his pyjamas, but he managed to look just as threatening as the actual heroes around him. Natasha slowly turned around again, finally managing to tear her gaze away from Peter who had yet to move, with a cold glint in her eyes while she unsheathed the gun from her thigh holster and pointed it at the nearest agent.

"You better answer him."

Wanda's eyes glinted red as she peered into the cell. Peter looked so still and pale.

"Open, the door." She ordered through gritted teeth, whirling on the guards as there was a chorus of agreement around her. The terror radiating from Peter stole the little breath still in Wanda's lungs; it felt as though his fear was a tangible, living being that was looming over her, raising the hairs on the back of her neck and making her heart pound against her chest- she had the sudden urge to scream.

"He was aggressive, so we sedated him. We also received orders to move him to another facility."

A beat passed and the words hung in the air before Natasha lunged forwards. The agent on the receiving end of her attack tackled her back as all hell broke loose- Tony's repulsor fired off and Steve threw his shield into the fray as Thor's hammer crackled to life. There had been no orders. Fury would have given them a pre-warning- an arm circled Natasha's throat and she jabbed the agent with her elbow before throwing her head back. She was met with a satisfying crack and sudden freedom; she dropped and kicked out at their knee and they folded to the ground. Through the commotion, Natasha met Clint's eyes while he choked someone out with the string of his bow- he turned to Wanda when Natasha caught sight of Vision and Harley escorting Bruce away; he would cause more harm than good to the team in the close quarters of the corridor.

She snapped back into the fight as two agents were sent crashing into the wall behind her who had made to follow the trio, courtesy of Wanda who was guarding the door to Peter vigilantly.

"Get him out of here!" Clint ordered, shooting his arrow into the crowd.

Nodding instantly at the new order, Wanda drew her hands together and a small ball of red energy formed before she sent it flying at the window, spewing glass onto the ground from the impact. With ease, she clambered into the cell; a hand grabbed Natasha's hair and jolted her backwards violently. The woman yelled and spun around, hitting the arm holding her in place. The elbow popped out and there was a sharp cry of pain before she straddled him, knocking them both to the ground. Natasha dug her fingernails into the flesh around his neck and squeezed.

When she looked back up, Wanda was carrying Peter over her shoulder and disappearing. 

A/N

I love the idea of Natasha going abosloutely feral at the idea of someone hurting Peter and decking a fully grown man- I just love her so much ya know?

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.