{36} because you believe in him? because you know him?

EVENTUALLY, CLINT REIGNED IN HIS LAUGHTER at the enraged expression on Cain's face. He looked at Peter who refused to meet his eyes- the archer suddenly felt sick.

"Hey! Don't touch him!" He bellowed as Cain jerked his chin in the direction of the guards. They marched forwards. "Fucking stop- Peter! Let him go-!" Clint slammed his body against the bars, adrenaline fuelling him as he used his body as a battering ram. They pulled Peter roughly from the cell, their hands clamped around his upper arms; he wasn't fighting back, seemingly resigned as he allowed them to drag his body across the floor.

"Hands off! He's just a kid- fuck- I'll kill you! I'll kill you if you so much as harm a hair on his head! You bastards!" His threats simply echoed down the corridor.

Cain rounded on him; lip curled back into a sneer.

"He'll be mine soon enough, hawk." He seethed, eyes glinting with triumph as Clint snarled and rammed the bars again- they didn't budge and he could feel bruises already forming.

Panic was slowly overtaking every inch of Clint's body as he glared at the man in front of him. Peter wasn't supposed to be protecting him- wasn't supposed to be taking the hits. He hated the feeling of uselessness that was invading his chest as he stared defiantly at Cain; Clint knew he was powerless to stop whatever was coming for Peter. He felt anger before- often, in his line of work- but now he could feel a burning rage settling just beneath his skin, like an itch he couldn't scratch.

"He will never be yours." Clint only just held back the urge to throttle the man with his bare hands.

"Won't he?" Cain showed all his teeth- he looked like a deranged shark.

"When we owned him the first time, we laid the foundations in that curly head of his." Clint's grip on the bars hardened and he swallowed thickly to steel his impulse to throw up. "We had big plans for him before he escaped because of that redheaded bitch-" Clint jolted at the insult and only just restrained himself for a second time, "- he's our next Winter Soldier, and you'll be his first kill."

The disgusting crack echoed in the cell as Clint pulled his arm back through the bars.

Cain reared backwards, blood spurting from his nose uncontrollably while Clint pressed his face against the bars. He glowered while the man clutched at his nose.

"He'll never be your solider." Clint stated through gritted teeth.

Cain laughed before grimacing at the pain. "Why?" He straightened up as guards moved in, guns pointed at the archer threateningly- he waved them away half-heartedly and stalked back to the cell with a sickening smile on his face. "Because you believe in him? Because you know him?" He mocked, "It's his purpose. He'll be grateful- or rather, we'll tell him to be."

As the man turned away, Clint's only satisfaction was seeing the blood pool on the floor.

Once Cain was fully gone from the cells did the guards finally return to their assigned posts in silence. They didn't acknowledge Clint as he began to pace alone in his cell, glancing periodically at the lone camera mounted high on the wall. He took note of the make and model- it was cheap. Casually, he drew in a breath and reached up for his hearing aid as calmly as possible before inspecting it like he would if it had malfunctioned.

Then, he pried apart the battery and extracted the tracker as he turned back to the camera. He clipped it back together and placed it back on his ear, adjusting the volume for show.

The tracker dropped to the floor imperceptibly before Clint's shoe crushed it.

He moved back to the bars and leaned against them, eyes drifting in the direction Peter had been dragged away in moments earlier. Just hang in there kid.

-

No one commented when Natasha emerged from her bedroom, cheeks blotchy and tinged pink, nor did she give them enough time to comment before she entered the lab.

"Friday, begin searching for any sign of Clint and Peter."

"All ready in motion, Miss Scary Lady."

Natasha didn't react to the familiar nickname, her mind trailing to the search already underway. A warm sensation chased away the cold shards that had been forming as she moved across the room and dragged out the offline communications.

She set them out across a workbench- they were the same that Clint had used to find her in Sokovia.

One of the first people to join the assassin in the lab was Tony who didn't say a word as he walked up to the screens, pulling up various scans and screens that Friday had running. Harley hovered anxiously behind the billionaire, his eyes examining as they regarded the screens and the offline communicators occasionally. After them came Bruce and Thor, the scientist moving to join Tony as Thor hung back- he wasn't good with technology but Natasha appreciated him being there as he watched them work in silence.

Not long after, Vision joined the assembled group with Wanda beside him. Steve trailed in a moment later. Vision's eyes flicked back and forth as he stood in front of the screens while Wanda drifted to stand beside Harley, studying the workbench brimming with outdated tech herself. She held his hand tight in her own as a silent comfort when no one was looking. Steve moved to stand beside Thor, keeping a close eye on the workbench himself.

Nothing was said until a red dot flashed on the screen- Vision's eyes narrowed on it before anyone else's could. "The tracker embedded into Mr Barton's hearing aids has been activated." He announced into the room.

Everyone froze and Natasha drew in a sharp breath.

It was as though air had finally made it to her lungs, easing the burning feeling within them as she watched Friday move the location to the main screen- a hand rested on her shoulder. A quick glance back told Natasha that it was Tony as he stared up at the location while she looked down at him.

Steve was ordering the team onto the nearest quinjet behind them.

"We've got them." He assured lowly, still not meeting her eyes before he moved away. Natasha looked at the pulsing red dot and memorised the location before marching out of the lab herself.

Fucking mountain bases. 

A/N

Clint going feral? I love. :)

Everyone joining together to search for the teammates? I love.

Hotel? Trivago.

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.