{21} hallmark movie set

WHEN THE CAR FINALLY RUMBLED TO A STOP; Peter felt a strange calm wash over him as he stared out at the still farmhouse.

Nothing had changed. Not even the scruffy paint job on the barn nearby.

The place remined him of Clint and the words that he had spoken on the rooftop that seemed so long ago. Peter wondered when things had gone so wrong as his tight grip on the steering wheel loosened and his hands dropped into his lap. He continued to watch the farmhouse with a measured expression, fully aware of Wanda and Harley in the car beside him- he had to keep it together. For them.

He didn't have the luxury of freaking out or allowing the stronghold on his emotions to relax. Peter swallowed down the urge to scream and instead forced out a single breath.

Neither Wanda or Harley had spoken much on the ride, both too focussed on shooting worried looks at Peter's wound the entire time to care much about where he was driving. But now that they were parked seemingly in the middle of nowhere, curiosity was getting the better of them.

Wanda shifted in her seat and was the first to speak.

"Where are we?" She questioned, moving forwards to get a better view.

"Looks like we drove onto a hallmark movie set." Harley commented, leaning between the two seats.

A smile tugged at Peter lips at the comment, somehow forcing its way through his exhaustion. The description was accurate and by Peter's standards, anything that remotely resembled a home was something out of a movie. He'd never been gladder to see the rundown building and the man currently marching out of its doors, familiar gun in hand.

"Scratch that. It's a hallmark movie with an R rating." Harley eyed the weapon the stranger held.

Laughter bubbled in Peter's chest, tinged with hysteria and relief because if there was one thing that had stayed the same throughout the whirlwind that had been the past few days, it was his Harley.

Before the teens could interrogate Peter further, he hopped out of the car only wincing a little as his barely healed wound twinged in retaliation to the sharp movement. Clear apprehension showed on both Wanda's and Harley's faces at the idea of stepping out of the vehicle with someone pointing a gun in their direction only a few feet away and growing closer- however, the idea of leaving Peter alone against some potentially trigger-happy enemy spurred them into action.

As Harley reached for the door, Peter opened it wide and offered an encouraging smile as he clambered out. Harley could see the tiredness in his boyfriend's expression.

"What the shit Parker?" Barney huffed, stowing away the gun when he recognised the curly head of hair as he jogged down the steps, shoulders easing at the sudden lack of threat.

The closer proximity had Wanda jumping out of the car, her eyes trained on the man but he ignored her in favour of tugging Peter's blood-soaked shirt with a look of mild disgust twisting his features. It hid the worried frown easily enough. "You're not going to die on me, are you?" He asked, turning to glare at the teenager as if he'd done it on purpose- Peter rolled his eyes in response.

"I don't want Romanoff turning up and tearing me a new one. I like my limbs attached to my body. Call me crazy."

"You're crazy." Peter taunted, pulling back his shirt. "And it's healed."

He lifted the fabric to reveal only a pink scar left behind. Wanda breathed a little easier at the visual confirmation and tension seemed to seep out of Harley's body. They'd all been worried if he was going to bleed out from the injury before he had the chance to heal anything.

"Freaky spider powers." Barney muttered, ignoring Peter's cheeky grin. Instead, the man opted to shift his focus to Harley and Wanda as if he'd only just noticed them; Peter knew he'd been sizing them up from the window like the paranoid man he was. "Where's Clint?" Barney asked as he frowned, finally noticing the distinct lack of adult supervision and only three teenagers standing on his doorstep- had Peter been driving? Barney's frown deepened.

At the mention of the archer, Wanda tilted her head like she was studying the man- Barney looked back at her warily, as if he could sense her stare and wanted to shrug it off.

Peter watched the exchange wordlessly. He was barely standing on his feet and didn't have the time or the mental capacity to unpick the weird silence that had settled between the assembled group. Noticing that Peter seemed to be practically swaying from side to side, Harley ducked under his arm to take some of his weight; they shared a smile and Harley had to draw in a deep breath. Peter had an intense way of looking at him sometimes- like he was the most important thing in the world. He squeezed Peter's waist gently, his mouth refusing to cooperate to say those three little words that had been taunting him for months; Harley just hoped they were expressed in the small gesture.

Peter turned to Barney again. "We need a place to lie low." he paused and added, "Hydra's back."

Something indiscernible sparked in Barney's eyes as his attention instantly snapped to Peter at the abrupt announcement. His gaze lingered on the blood colouring Peter's shirt and the way Harley supported the teen's weight before he nodded, counting up the evidence.

"Say no more kid." He ruffled Peter's hair and gestured for him and his friends to follow.

"Thanks." Peter offered a weary smile. "This is Wanda and Harley by the way. Guys, this is Barney. Clint's brother."

Wanda blinked in surprise at the new information. "Brother?" she echoed.

"Wanda?" Barney looked equally as shocked for a moment, recognition at the name sparking in his eyes when he looked back at the young girl with less caution and more curiosity. "My brother likes you." He said simply, smile crooked and genuine before he disappeared back into the farmhouse, silently expecting the trio to follow.

Hesitantly, Wanda traced his step and glanced back at Peter who nodded in encouragement.

"Brother?" Harley whispered, making Peter snicker as they hobbled their way up the stairs at a much slower pace than the other two.

"Clint was in the circus too-"

"No way!" Excitement laced Harley's voice, "Think I could get him to come to my birthday party?"

Peter thumped his shoulder and fought back a smile. "No. Idiot."

"Your idiot though?" Harley teased, knowing the answer already as Peter turned to him, his expression warm and joined with the same intense look that made Harley's breathing stutter.

"Yeah. My idiot." 

A/N

I don't know how you guys feel about it just being the three of them for a few chapters, but I enjoyed writing their dynamics sooo, yeah :)

The idea of Barney already knowing of Wanda is adorable to me, because that means Clint talks about her all the time or at least enough for Barney to recognise the name and that he likes her.

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.