{32} clint? talk to me.

"FIND THE TEENS. I'M ON MY WAY TO BARTON." Ordered Tony over the comm set.

There was a small pause as Natasha dropped her hand away from the earpiece, a foreboding feeling clawing at her insides relentlessly. She was torn between finding Peter and helping Clint as she stood in the middle of the deserted street with a god, android, and super soldier on either side. Her thoughts ran through the best course of action, removing her personal investments in the situation.

"Natasha." Steve stressed her name, moving to rest a solid hand on her shoulder.

Instinctively, her eyes snapped to his as the weight of his hand cut through her mind. They were wide and flitting across his face searchingly; Steve thought she was looking for an answer to her internal dilemma, but it could have been something else entirely- he had given up trying to decipher the woman a long time ago. He let out a long breath instead, forming his next words carefully.

"Tony's got Clint. Peter needs you more." He assured her.

After a moment, the assassin nodded as if drawing to the same conclusion and continued moving forwards without another word or comment on the matter.

Thor fell into step with her wordlessly and Steve swiftly followed, Vision joining silently.

An uncomfortable atmosphere reigned throughout the apartment building as the small group squeezed into the elevator, rode it up and exited on the right floor. The apartments must have been mostly empty due to the lack of noise; Natasha regarded the place with a scrutinizing eye. She was mildly impressed by the choice of safe house and that he had any at all- she'd never known.

The room was under a fake name that had made Natasha's heart lurch; Peter Rushman.

The alias name was heart wrenchingly familiar since she had used it countless times herself. Seeing Peter's name attached to hers in any capacity- even if it was fake- made an indescribable feeling flare in her chest that she didn't dare face now, so she pushed it aside.

Impatience reared its head as they neared the broken-down door.

Cautiously, the group stepped inside and raised their weapons in preparation for a fight. Everything was still and silent in the room as Natasha's calculating gaze noted the overturned couch, the hole in the wall and the puddle of blood that was soaked into the carpet. A body was riddled with bullet holes, but she barely glanced back after seeing the Hydra symbol- it only made her expression harden further.

"Over here!" Announced Steve.

Natasha spun on her heel and dashed past Thor and Vision to see the familiar webbing. In one fluid movement she had unsheathed a small knife and was cutting it away.

Moving aside once the webbing was removed, Natasha allowed Steve to take the lead. He raised his shield pre-emptively, sharing a pointed look with his teammates that spoke volumes before kicking open the door. There was a flash of red before he went flying back into the wall a beat later, narrowly missing taking Natasha with him as Thor tugged her out of the way.

"Steve?" Came Wanda's unsure voice.

It was shaky at best and dripping with exhaustion as red tendrils returned to her fingers.

The man in question groaned but got to his feet regardless, grateful for the offered hand from Thor as Natasha and Vision entered the room. Relief seeped through them all at the sight of Harley and Wanda unharmed in sleep wear- they were stood side by side, tense and alert as they eyed the avengers, finally allowing their shoulders to hunch down from where they had raised to their ears.

"Where's Peter?" Natasha asked, her relief slowly slipping away at the lack of him.

The question grated on her, feeling as though she was a broken record.

As Vision joined her side taking some of the girl's weight, Wanda met the assassin's eyes albeit reluctantly, though she held the woman's gaze. "He trapped us in here." She explained, glancing to Harley who was vehemently silent while she leaned back against Vision, tension vanishing.

"He left willingly with an Alexander Cain in exchange for not harming any of the avengers. Or us."

Only at the last second did Natasha manage to not scream.

"I'm glad you're both okay." She said sincerely, her eyes raking them over in a search for injuries instead of cursing Peter Parker- always too late. It was a bitter thought that she shoved away when Steve marched into the room, reaching for the two teens. He was quick to usher them out of the room and the apartment entirely, trying to contact Tony through the comm system as they moved into the open street- the rain had stopped but there was still a cold chill in the air.

Wanda stumbled a few times from sheer tiredness, and was thankfully caught by Vision every time her foot caught. Natasha knew something must have happened from the haunted look on her face and the glaring stiffness of Harley's shoulders, but neither looked inclined to share any time soon as they stood with their arms pressed together.

Once they were outside and calling for the quinjet, Tony's voice finally carried over the comms.

"I couldn't find Barton."

The sudden declaration made any air leave Natasha's lungs as she froze just outside of the doorway. Cold invaded her body when she merely blinked and lifted a steady hand to the earpiece.

"Repeat that." Wanda eyed Natasha warily before her gaze flickered to Steve questioningly.

"Where's Clint?" She asked, noticing that he wasn't jogging down the street to meet them and that he hadn't been amongst the rest of the team. Barely being able to hold back the panic that sparked in her chest, she asked again. "Where is he?" Her tone demanded an answer but her words shook.

Steve moved to talk but she fixed him with a cold, hard stare that stopped him in his tracks.

"I want to talk to him."

The super-soldier floundered; words caught in his throat when he looked at the young woman- a sudden round of tears was threatening to spill and teetered on the edge. Wanda huffed out a sharp breath and stole the earpiece from him and marched away, lifting it to her own ear as Steve looked helplessly around but everyone was too in shock to be much help.

"Clint? Talk to me." Wanda practically begged, turning her back on the team; only Harley dared to follow, his blank face bleeding into concern as the girl stiffened and paled in the streetlight.

"He's gone, Wanda. I'm sorry." 

A/N

Ooof. Yeah, this one hurt me emotionally. Natasha's reaction killed me, and then there was Wanda- * sobs *

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.