{14} handled with the most delicacy

"YOU ARE A GODDAMN ASSASSIN- have you never heard of delicacy?!"

Tony's excessive shouting had been going on for the last hour and it was beginning to attract the attention of the team who were all cautiously creeping towards the lab.

Across the room, Natasha stood with her arms crossed firmly over her chest as she listened silently to Tony continuing his monumental rant. Her expression was crafted with care and gave nothing away to the whirlwind of emotions running through her- the constant ache of worry at not knowing where Peter was, was beginning to grate on her nerves. Natasha struggled to maintain her stoic expression.

"- and what the hell happened to co-parenting the kid Romanoff!"

Just out view of the lab doors that had been left wide open, Wanda winced minutely from where she hovered behind Harley's shoulder. "She got last named." she muttered, eyes following Tony's flitting movements as he rambled about irresponsibility.

"They're talking about Peter." Harley whispered under his breath.

His forehead was creased with concern and Wanda could sense his anxiety spilling from him. Her eyes shifted to watch the boy beside her for a moment; his jaw was clenching periodically while his eyes stayed fixed on the assassin as if he stared hard enough, he would be able to pick her apart.

"Use your weird powers?" He grumbled when his glaring was ineffective.

Wanda's attention snapped back to the lab as she hit his arm, hard. "I don't do that anymore." She scowled and Harley huffed beside her.

"What, magic? You're literally a Hermione Granger wannabe."

Barely reigning in her irritation, Wanda rolled her eyes and was tempted to shove him right into the awkward argument unfolding in front of them out of sheer spite. "Explicit permission." She hissed in his ear instead, somehow finding restraint. "You have no personal boundaries."

"Neither did you at one point." Harley replied, unaffected by the jab and teetering on the edge of being insulting. Wanda swallowed the bitter taste his words left in her mouth, knowing that they lacked any real heat- he was hurting and she trying to remember that.

"Why are we friends?" She complained, rubbing at her temples as if she was trying to stave off a headache. Harley looked thoughtful beside her for a moment.

"Because we're both unapproachable?"

Puffing out a breath, Wanda twitched her fingers and an invisible force roughly shoved Harley forwards. He was sent stumbling into the lab and cursed under his breath when two sets of eyes landed on him instantly. Only just managing to stifle her laughter, Wanda pressed the back of her hand to her mouth as she watched Harley flush an alarming red in embarrassment.

Wordlessly, Vision appeared behind her and smiled at Wanda's clear amusement before they both heard their names being called.

"Keener." Natasha regarded before her eyes flicked to the doorway. "Maximoff. Vision."

The laughter drained from Wanda as she quickly adopted a more serious expression and glanced ruefully back at Vision before she slinked out of the shadows. The android followed behind with a curious look that morphed his features. When they entered the room, Wanda's eyes jumped between Tony and Natasha critically; she could feel the tension that had mounted between them and feebly tried to block it out.

Harley stuck his tongue out at her when he caught her eyes, but he only received a glare in response.

Seething and only just managing to bite his tongue to contain his anger, Tony eyed the two teenagers now stood side by side, joined by Vision. He struggled to stomp down the urge to throw a lot of colourful language, (words that would have made Steve go blue in the face), at the assassin on the other side of the room who was yet to show a real reaction- Tony had thought they were closer.