Chapter 24: A storm of misty ocean and clear sapphire.

Last time: Please go check the author's note out in Ciao(x2) (The triggers are in bolds and italics, a sentence is even underlined if you want to check it fast) for triggers throughout the book and proceed with caution because it is a Lil fucked up.

~flashback~

"Dad-dadd-daddy it hurt-hurts"

"Kill him and it won't"

"I ca-can't, p-papa"

"Yes, you fucking can. Pull the trigger"

"I ca-cant hu-hurt som-someone"

Another hot coal was pressed onto her arm, a shrilling scream filled with pain no one should experience filled the area.

"Kill him"

"Pap-papa" She sobbed "P-plea-please don't ma-make m-me"

"DO IT"

Another yell. Another burn. Another scream.

Another dead body lay on the ground. Another shaking broken child standing over it.

~flashback~

"Bells"

"Yeah?"

Vesper stared at her best friend, his stormy grey eyes, the dark skin, the slightly normal but mainly afro hair, the way her leather jacket fit her, the way she held her gun.

"You know we might not come out alive out of this month or worse"

"I'm not fuckin five, Ves" Bella rolled her eyes with a scoff but then sighed "I know, but hey, this is what we're here for right?"

"Right" Vesper nodded loading her own gun as she shook her head "Right"

~o~O~o~

He got out of the shower smoke following him, that's how high the temperature of the water was, he slowly got in beside her and pulled her in his arms.

"I'm so sorry about what I said" He whispered pulling her in his arms "I'm so fucking sorry"

Lilith sighed, rubbing his arm in response, she was thinking when he left, his family was betraying him, that had to feel awful and even though she never took shit from anyone, this once, she thought about letting it go, she could hold a grudge later.

"It's not exactly okay, Vi but I understand" She sighed "Capisco"

(I understand)

"Just let me finish this" He took her hand in his "I promise I'll make it up to you"

He kissed her knuckles and she sighed looking at him, into his irises, a storm of sea and sky, a storm of misty ocean and clear sapphire and with a nod, she placed her forehead against his.

"I'm going to hold you to that"

~o~O~o~

'Hey, Jude...'

Serafina hummed to the Beatles songs as she read through her comfort novel. Pride and Prejudice.

A knock brought her out of the words, she tucked the book under her covers just as Eve entered.

"Hey, you free?"

"Si" Serafina nodded "Just reading"

"What book?" Eve walked over to the side of her bed, sitting down as Serafina pulled the only first editioned book she had.

"Again?" Eve's eyes sparkled at the book despite the word, Serafina shrugged it off having much weirder things to worry about like Eve being here, like sure Eve checked up on her every once in a while but there wasn't minutes and minutes of small talk involved or maybe she was just being impatient, cause she wanted back in Jane Austen's world.

"What's up?"

Eve sighed, a hand gently brushing Serafina's hair off her face.

"You were mad about..."

"Yeah" Serafina nodded "I was....am...was"

"I'm going to stop beating around the bush, is there....did anything happen to you?"

"No" Serafina lied with a fake soft smile playing on her lips as she shook her head "I just...I see men get away with it every day in this"

She messed with her hands again.

"In this mafia underground world"

"You said yourself, love" Eve said looking into the blue-green eyes of her kid sister "Mafia"

"I know" Seraafina shrugged "Probably mood swings"

"Okay" Eve looked at the girl "But if anyone"-

"I know how to take care of myself, Eve" Serafina gave her a tight-lipped smile "Trust me"

Please don't.

"Okay then" Eve stood up, placing a kiss on Serafina's head before wishing her a good night and leaving.

Serafina shook her head, she'd be okay, she always was anyway.