Chapter 32: Why are you so sad?

"Why are you so sad?"

Sad...Vittorio didn't think he was sad, according to him he was mad. So fucking mad. Mad at Eve, mad at Andrea, and at himself.

He could have been a father, could have loved her and he didn't. He didn't because he was scared, because he thought he'd be no good for her or maybe because he just didn't want a kid.

That was the first thing that came to his mind when he was told about it after all.

"A k-kid? I can't have a kid. I don't want a kid. I don't want a fucking kid!"

He could have done so many things so differently and god, he knew. He did know she was his daughter, He did know, he just chose to forget it, store it away, never think of it.

Fake it till he made it.

And in a handful of years, to him, she was just another sister, another time their parents couldn't control themselves and had kids.

Just another sibling.

"Daughter?! Fuck it, Vittorio. Daughter or not, she was still your fucking responsibility, under your fucking guardianship, it was your job to care. There's only so much I could have done, and I didn't because I was away for 9 months and by then she was already addicted but you should have been there. You should have noticed!"

Eve was right.

Sister or daughter, she was his responsibility, under his care.

But Vittorio still couldn't shake off the fact that he could have been a dad, an actual father, heard her first words, watch her take her first steps, take her to her first day of school, take her to Disney land, get her ice cream, play pretend, put her to bed.

He could've done so much.

So much.

"A lot of things" He finally answered and stood up clearing his throat. He still had to be Vittorio fucking Spalitte after all, he had his hours of weakness. He patted her head and walked over to Logan extending his hand. He still had to be Vittorio. He still had to Vittorio Ramiro. He still had to be Vittorio Ramiro Spalitte. Head of the family. Eldest Sibling. Mafia Don. Cold-hearted. He still had to be what he was made into. He still had to be Vittorio fucking Spalitte.

"Vittorio Spalitte"

"Logan" Eve watched cautiously "Logan Blackwood"

Vittorio nodded expertly hiding his surprise and looked at Katherine for a second, a look which she caught and got up, immediately copying his actions.

"Katherine"

"Logan"

Vesper got up instead of being a good little sister and doing what the other two did, she put her hands in her pocket.

"You got married" Her tone was bitter, and even though her eyes were on Logan, her words were directed at Eve "You fucking got married"

Eve put Leo down.

"I have two five-year-olds here" Eve hissed at Vesper "No need for that language"

"No" Arie hopped onto a seat beside Raven "It's fine continue, it's good"

Eve's sharp gaze slipped from her sister to her daughter. "And do you want a time out?"

It was as though Eve had suggested boiling her, the girl's eyes quickly widened and she shook her head with a sorry. Instead of replying Eve pointed to the same seat Arie was sitting on and looked at Leo.

"Sit down, neither of you move, clear?"

"Yes mama" Arie said gloomily and Leo nodded with a' yes, mommy'. Pleased Eve nodded and walked out of the waiting room, the rest following.