Chapter 39: Imperfect.

'No one is perfect'....No one is even near perfect more like. See humans have problems, a lot of them. We think we know everything, at the end of the day we only care about ourselves and yet we self-loathe. And no one of us breaks the cycle. We compare and we're selfish and we hate and we hurt. We hurt others to avoid hurting our own fucking selves and that's what Vittorio was.

Human.

A flask in hand he stared at the freshly put up grave of his...daughter.

"She's in a better place" Eve said softly and Vittorio's eyes snapped to her.

"How do you know that?"

"Well..." Katherine stared at the grave, hands in her pockets, another hole in her hear this time wider "She's gone"

"I can't tell her....I couldn't hold her....I killed my own daughter, I killed my own father"

"You killed dad?" Katherine's neck could snap with how fast she turned to look at him but Vittorio squeezed his eyes, shaking his head.

"He was...He wanted to kill Andrea, he thought the kid...the kid would be another weakness so I...I killed him"

"But you took his words to heart" Vesper's voice rang out, everyone tensed. "You killed your own daughter, you didn't love her, you didn't even protect her, even a fucking monster protects their kid, Vittorio, even the fucking devil does."

"Ves.."

"No, No Ves." She shook her head "Your godson is a rapist, and you're...this, I can't call you human"

"What are you on about?" Vittorio sounded tired, his eyes begging for this to be over as he looked at Vesper.

"This" Vesper seethed, pushing a piece of paper in Vittorio's hand. "This."

Eve walked closer to look at the paper, as Vittorio let his palm rub over his face once.

"If you knew...I'm going to kill him, I swear I'll kill Tony"

"No" Vittorio's red enraged eyes met her "No, I'll deal with that. It's my fucking business, not yours"

"Well it becomes mine when my fucking niece is raped and she thinks she can only tell a stranger who she's ever only exchanged a few words with"

"The same niece you killed?" Phoenix grumbled but no one said a word.

"I'll deal with this" Vittorio announced. "Me."