14

Emma was sat in a hospital bed, having a scan done on her stomach. The doctor was looking at the screen, searching to find the baby. As the sound of the heart beat filled the room, the small image appeared.

"There we are, healthy and beautiful" Dr Brown said, glancing across with a smile.

"Holy shit, this is actually happening" Emma breathlessly said, looking at the screen in shock.

"Yeah, it is. Is this your first" Dr Brown asked, turning her head to see the woman.

"No, I have an 18 year old son" Emma replied, chuckling as she knew the age gap would be very big. "I think he's with his other mother by now"

"Oh, that's sweet. So, Miss Swan, everything seems to be ok with the baby, I'm not seeing any irregularities. You already know what to expect so if something doesn't seem right, come on in and I'll have a look" Dr Brown informed, moving the scan off the blondes stomach.

"Truth be told, I was 13 when I had my first kid so I don't remember much about it or whether anything was wrong" Emma admitted, knowing she hates telling people this kind of stuff.

"Yes, I thought you looked too young for an 18 year old. Look, every mother goes through this fear, you will be ok. Babies are strong than we think. If you come back in a month, we will have another scan to see if the baby is ok and, if you want, find out the gender" Dr Brown replied, giving a little chuckle at the fear.

"Awe, thank you so much, I'm so worried about this" Emma nervously laughed, allowing her stomach to be wiped clean.

"Hey, Em" Rita questioned, knowing on the door as she came in. "Sorry to interrupt"

"We are all done here, don't worry" Dr Brown politely said, standing up from her stool. "I'll leave you two to talk"

"Thank you. Do you mind if we stay in here for a few minutes, it's a little private" Rita asked, heading over to the blonde as she sat up.

"Of course, take all the time you need" Dr Brown encouraged, giving a smile as she left.

"What's up, you look nervous" Emma quickly asked, seeing the anxiety across her face.

"That bitch ex of Regina's come to talk to me about something she's too scared to tell Regina. She asked if one of us could because we can keep her calm, she can't" Rita started to explain, sitting down beside the blonde on the bed.

"Oh god, what is it" Emma asked, knowing it's bad if the brunette was scared to tell her own sister.

"The wound got really infected due to the place being so disgusting and dirty. They need to take Regina back into surgery to clean it thoroughly... But where it is and where the infection started spreading, they will need to break one of her ribs to get to it. She said it will be an incredibly painful healing process and another month staying in hospital" Rita replied softly, easily able to remember such disturbing news.

"This is bad, this is really bad. Who's gonna tell her" Emma asked, knowing neither want to be on the other end of Regina.

"Not it" Rita raced to answer, placing her finger on her nose in the process.

"You chicken shit"

"Enjoy that"

"I'll go tell her now, the sooner the better, I guess" Emma sighed, growing more annoyed and scared about this.

"How are things between you two now" Rita asked, heading out the room with the blonde.

"I really don't know. I know she's still angry, obviously, but we agreed to wait until we're out the hospital for that. Now it may be a month, I'm growing worried at how much will be built up" Emma replied, knowing their situation is still very complicated.

"At least you'll have time to heal and be together before the big fight. The whole night you held hands and faced each other, you can't tell me that's not adorably cute" Rita said with a small chuckle, desperate for the pair to work things out quickly.

"I love her with all my heart but this fight is inevitable and it's going to be big... I know she's so angry but she won't do anything until we are home" Emma explained, aware the brunette just wants to heal.

"Well, think of it this way; If someone with that much anger doesn't think you're worth getting angry over, they clearly don't care about you anymore" Rita softly said, putting in prospective of how she sees it all.

"I never thought of it that way"

"Hence why she isn't angry at Laura anymore, just makes snarky comments"

"So, as long as she's still pissed, she still cares" Emma questioned, making sure she understood the logic.

"Yeah, pretty much" Rita chuckled, knowing it's silly but also true.

"I punched Laura yesterday" Emma said, giving a small laugh as it felt good.

"You punched her" Rita quickly questioned, looking in shock at the blonde. Emma nodded with a smirk, wanting to do it again. "Does Regina know"

"No, of course not. She was in the hospital bed" Emma replied, having thought that part was obvious.

"Why didn't you tell her? She'd have had a thrill day with that" Rita asked curiously, noticed the pair hide a lot from the other.

"I didn't think it was worth mentioning. She was talking shit about Regina so I punched her, that's it" Emma shrugged, knowing she was scared of it coming across at bragging.

"You two keep so much from each other"

"No, we don't"

"Yes, you do. She doesn't know you stood up for her and punched her ex. And, I'll bet anything that you don't know that she took a bullet for you the first time she was shot" Rita revealed, knowing this was a secret but needing it to be said.

"Wait, go back. She did what?" Emma quickly asked, pausing in her tracks due to utter shock.

What's Gonna Happenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें