15

Regina and Marco were sat in the hospital room, talking and laughing together. The brunette woman could sense something was wrong with the boy, even though he appeared happy.

"How you feeling with all this" Regina asked, allowing there laughter to die down.

"I'm fine, glad it's over" Marco shrugged, avoiding eye contact with the brunette.

"You don't have to lie to me, sweetie, you know that" Regina softly said, taking her son's hand into her own.

"Truthful, I'm really scared and I don't know how to feel" Marco awkwardly replied, finally looking into his mother's eyes.

"That's normal. You have been going through all this for as long as you can remember, I'd be surprised if you knew how to feel" Regina said with a small chuckle, seeing the pain in the boys eyes. Marco flicked his eyes down, knowing they were about to tear up. "Hey, look at me" Regina softly requested, tugging his hand a little to catch his attention. "Rita told me about you talking to the police... Why didn't you want to talk to them"

"Because I've never spoken to anyone about this before, I was always taught not to" Marco simply replied, his tone showing it was obvious.

"Do you want to talk to me about it first" Regina softly offered, brushing her thumb across his hand.

"You already know everything"

"Pretend I don't"

"There is something you don't know... I broke up with Ben" Marco said with an awkward smile, trying to hide that he was upset by it.

"What? Oh, honey, why" Regina asked quickly, looking in shock at the boy.

"I kept saying I didn't want to talk about everything and he kept pushing me. When I went to leave with Rita, we got into a big fight and I broke up with him" Marco replied in a slight annoyed tone, knowing the feeling was towards himself.

"You regret it, don't you" Regina questioned, able to see it in his eyes.

"Yeah, I really miss him" Marco sighed in exhaustion, letting his head drop to the bed.

"Then go and talk to him about it all, explain everything to him. That way you are getting it all out before you talk to the police and you get a second chance" Regina encouraged with a smile, knowing how much the pair love each other.

"You think I'll get a second chance" Marco questioned, searching for the answer on the brunettes face.

"Look how many times I gave your mum a chance. If he loves you, he will give you a second chance in a heartbeat" Regina replied with a chuckle, prompting the boy to do the same.

"We never said we love each other"

"Doesn't mean you don't"

"Thank you, mum" Marco said in a cracked voice, giving a small smile as he did.

"Come, give me a hug" Regina said with a smile, holding out her arms.

"What if I hurt you" Marco quickly asked, knowing he's been hesitant about it since they got there.

"You won't if you hug me from the side, I was shot in the middle" Regina chuckled, encouraging the boy to hug her.

Marco hesitates before sitting on the bed, joining a hug with his mother. He held her close and allowed all his problems to fade away. Regina smiled at the boy in her arms, kissing his head softly as she did. She knew they both needed this, both using the hug to help heal their problems.

"I love you, mum"

"I love you too, my boy"

Marco pulled away with a smile, sitting back in his seat. Regina tried to sit up but made it look hard, feeling in pain as she did so. Marco went to help but Regina put her hand up to show she was ok, managing to finally do it alone. Just as she went to thank the boy for offering, the door slammed open.

"You took a fucking bullet for me and didn't tell me" Emma snapped in annoyance, storming into the room.

"Marco, sweetie, can you give us some a minute please" Regina softly asked, already knowing what is to come from this.

"Come on, Marco, you can come back to the bar with me and walk Queenie" Rita offered quickly, gesturing for the boy to hurry up.

"Already ahead of you" Marco replied, practically running out the door with his aunt.

"Sit down, Swan" Regina said with a sigh, pointing to the chair closest to the blonde.

"No, no, I'm not sitting. How could you not tell me that you jumped in front of a bullet? How did that even happen?" Emma asked in annoyance, pacing back and forth.

"When we were running out, I caught sight of him out the corner of my eye. I didn't have time to move you so I quickly jumped in front to stop it from hitting you" Regina replied, shrugging as if the whole thing was no big deal.

"Regina, what the fuck? You were pregnant, what were you thinking" Emma snapped her question, looking as if the brunette was stupid.

"Are you listening to yourself? You're mad because I risked my life for you. Emma, I love you more than anything and I'd risk my life for you over and over again" Regina softly said, using the passion in her voice to get her point across.

"How are you calm right now? Whenever I'm annoyed, you are" Emma questioned, knowing the brunettes short temper should have snapped by now.

"I'm on a lot of painkillers right now, nothing could anger me" Regina replied with a chuckle, knowing it is the only thing keeping her calm.

"Well, I'm not ok with this but, like the rest of our fights, I'll save this one until we are home" Emma sighed, finally slouching into the chair. "Also, can you ask the doctor if we can take some of those pills home"

"I'm going to get you for that later" Regina warned with a laugh, knowing she won't forget it.

"Anyway, speaking of home, I have some updates that Laura is too scared to tell you"