19

Another two weeks had passed. Regina was sat up in the hospital bed, stretching out as she'd just woken up. She was finally able to move and walk, growing in pain by the end of the day. She glanced across to see Emma was still asleep. Regina gave a small smile at the sight of her, admiring how she stayed there every day and night. She slipped out the bed with an uncomfortable mannered, holding her almost healed wound in slight pain. Before she could go towards the toilet, Laura walked into the room.

"Good to see you on your feet" the doctor said with a smile, lifting the brunettes chart into her hand.

"It's never good to see you in any position" Regina replied, not even bothering to look towards the woman.

"Never heard you complain before" Laura smirked, giving a small laugh as she did.

"Because you were a twat" Regina simply answered, flicking her angry eyes towards the woman.

"Cheers for that. Anyway, I came to tell you that you can go home today" Laura changed subject, knowing this is about to get mean towards her.

"Oh, thank god. This bed is so uncomfortable, I miss my dog and I hate seeing your face everyday" Regina sighed in relief, relaxing down onto the bed.

"Oi, rude" Laura huffed, frowning at the woman in annoyance.

"Come on, even your wife can't enjoy seeing your sour face when she wakes up" Regina sassed with a small smirk, giving the woman a side glare.

"And you replaced me with that" Laura asked, gesturing to the sleeping blonde in the chair.

"No, I upgraded to her" Regina softly replied, giving a happy smile towards the woman she loved. "And I'd never replace her"

"You really do love her, don't you? Even more than you loved me" Laura questioned, unsure why she felt taken back by this; she'd never seen the woman with such admiration for someone.

"More than I have ever loved anything" Regina replied, finally turning back to the doctor.

"I keep hearing about this huge fight that's destine to happen. Why bother if you love her so much"

"It's complicated"

"Is it or are you making it complicated?" Laura cut in, knowing the brunette well enough. "Look, I know me and you aren't on the best terms but I still know you enough to know you're more scared than angry. Yes, she left you but she also came back, that has to count for something"

"It's more complicated than that. Surprisingly, I don't let people who hurt me just wonder back into my life. You may think I let you in because I was weak and pathetic; those were your words, right? Well, I don't. I let you back because I was scared of you, not because I was weak" Regina sternly replied, knowing what the woman thinks of her.

"She told you what I said" Laura asked, gesturing to the blonde with her head.

"No, she told Rita and that gossip told me. This fight between me and Emma is going to happen but it isn't going to end how ours always did. I love her more than anything and I will never let her go, no matter how much she pisses me off" Regina answered, her tone staying strick and stern to get her love across.

"I'm sorry, I am. We were both young and a mess back then, neither of us were stable to be married. That being said, I should have never treated you like that. I'm sorry" Laura softly said, showing she truly meant this.

"Thank you. I don't forgive you but thank you" Regina said with a small smile, chuckling at her own words.

"I'm going to leave you to it, I'll be back in an hour to discharge you" Laura said with a laugh, already heading out the door.

"Thank god she's gone" Emma sighed in relief, sitting up in from the chair.

"I knew you were awake" Regina said with a smirk, turning to see the blonde.

"How did you know" Emma asked, knowing she tried so hard to hide it.

"Because I know how much of a light sleeper you are and I saw that small smile you gave when I said how much I love you" Regina chuckled, finally standing back up from the bed.

"I couldn't help it, you're too cute" Emma replied with a small giggle, giving a smirk as she did. Regina laughed, blushed the tiniest bit and walked over to Emma. She sat on the blondes lap and rested her head on her shoulder, kissing her neck ever so gently. "I love you too"

Regina smiled and nuggled in more, gently rubbing the blondes stomach. She felt how their was a slight bump, causing an even bigger smile across her lips.

"You're starting to show" Regina happily said, drawing invisible patterns with her finger.

"It's almost time to find out what gender out little one is" Emma added, placing her hand over the brunettes. The pair cuddled more as they squeezed each other, refusing to let the other go. "Do we have to have this fight"

"Swan-"

"No, listen. I feel like we should just talk each of our sides over, no fighting"

Regina just glanced up at the blonde, giving a glare as she did. She then sighed and lead her head back on the blondes shoulders. She just chose to stay silent, wanting to enjoy the cuddle. Regina planted a few kisses across Emma's cheek, leading up to her lips. Soon enough, they connect and captured the love from the over. Regina instantly deepened it, keeping at least one had on the blondes stomach. She soon role the kiss and locked eyes with the blonde.

"I love you with everything I have, you know that right" Regina softly said, resting her head against the blondes.

"I love you even more" Emma replied, moving back in to connect their lips.