18

It's been a week and Regina was still feeling exhausted, her body in constant pain. A side effect from the surgery was vomitting; she had finally started having this effect. She was led in bed, sleeping uncomfortably, with Emma's hand in hers. Marco and Rita had slept at home all week but, no matter how much Regina told her to, Emma wouldn't go home. A sickly feeling came to Regina, waking her up instantly.

"Quickly, Em, wake up; I need the bucket" Regina hurried in a panic, shaking the blondes hand to get her attention.

As Emma's eyes shot open, she saw Regina was about to throw up. The brunettes hand clung around her mouth as she gagged, trying so hard to keep it in. She grabbed the bucket and held it to the woman, helping to lift her head enough. Regina threw up everything she was keeping inside her, feeling in pain at the harsh movements on her body. At the sight, Emma's morning sickness started to kick in.

"Oh god" the blonde mumbled, holding the back of her hand over her mouth.

"No, don't. You know it makes me worse" Regina quickly said, throwing up before she could finish her words.

"I'm sorry, I got to" Emma sighed, grabbing the second bucket to puke in.

Within seconds, she vomitted. One of her hands held Regina's head up and the other held her own bucket, both throwing up at the same time. A nurse quickly came in, rushing over to assist Regina. They took over for Emma and held body as high up as if would go, holding the bucket.

"It's ok, you two, just get it all out" the nurse reassured, aware of both their situations.

Soon enough, Emma managed to stop; now able to slouch down in exhaustion. Her morning sickness hasn't properly effect her unless she saw someone else sick or smelt it. Even with Marco, she never really had any. She wiped her mouth as she looked at the brunette, seeing hers had died down but not stopped.

"You ok, baby" Emma softly asked, reaching out to hold her hand.

"I've been better" Regina mumbled, finally lifting her head away from the bucket. "Quick, take it away before she pukes again"

"Well, that was an eventful morning" Emma said with a tired sigh, glancing over with a small chuckle.

"That it was. How's your arm doing" Regina asked, trying to get comfortable in the bed.

"Better, not much pain at all. I'm going to take the sling off actually" Emma replied, knowing it's finally time to start moving it. She reached up and untied the sling with one hand, letting it drop down. Emma stretched her wounded arm out, feeling it stiff and achy. "Ugh, there we go"

"Does it hurt"

"No, just aches"

"That's good" Regina smiled, wanting to move but having too much pain.

"It's really bad, isn't it" Emma asked, reaching over to hold the woman's shoulder.

"Yeah. Could you, please, go and get the nurse to bring my pain medicine" Regina asked, knowing it has run out by now.

"Of course" Emma replied, standing up from the uncomfortable arm chair.

Before she could walk away, Regina caught her hand. Emma looked over with a curious frown, unsure what she could want. Regina gave her a small smile, puckered up her lips and waited patiently. Emma giggled and walked over, placing a soft and gentle kiss upon the brunettes lips. Neither minded so much as they'd both been sick but they would dare deepen it until they'd brushed their teeth. Emma left the room and went to find the nurse, leaving Regina to just sigh in exhaustion at all this. Before she could let her body relax, Rita came walking in with a big smile.

"Morning. Ew, it smells like someone threw up" Rita said with a turned up nose, holding her hand over it.

"Yeah, me and Emma did. Could you pass me the mouthwash from the bathroom, please" Regina asked, trying to gesture her arm towards it. Rita nodded as she walked in, grabbing it from the sink. She opened it and poured the liquid into the lid, holding it to her sister. "Thanks"

"No problem, anything to get rid of your breath" Rita chuckled, watching as the woman swished it in her mouth.

Regina put her middle finger up with a sarcastic smirk, not happy by the comment. She pointed towards the small bucket beside her, gesturing for the brunette to bring it. As she did, Regina spat the mouthwash in and took a deep breath.

"Thank you. This hospital mouthwash taste gross, I hate using it" Regina huffed, letting her head rest back down.

"Jeez, what's been eating you this morning" Rita asked, a little surprised to see the brunette so annoyed at something this early.

"Nurse is on her way, Gina" Emma announced, walking into the room as she did.

"Oh, that's what" Rita answered her own questioned, giggling like a child as she did.

"Rita!" Regina scolded, sending a cold glare to the woman's inappropriate comment.

"Awe, come on, that was funny" Rita chuckled, popping a squat on the chair next to the brunette; not Emma's chair.

"Where's Marco? I didn't think he was working today" Emma asked, quickly changing the topic before the brunette snapped.

"He's not, he's trying to win back his man" Rita replied with a happy smile, knowing she was routing for the pair.

"Awe, good for him" Regina mumbled, feeling herself wanting to fall asleep.

"I like Ben, he's good for Marco" Emma added, having given the boys approve.

"Morning" Laura said to the group, stepping into the room with a nurse. Each of the women just rolled their eyes subtly and looked away, avoiding her eye contact. "She needs those, those and double of those"

"Can I get triple, I feel like I'm walking on my broken ribs" Regina asked, not caring which one is increased.

"We can't but we can give you a little more for the headache" Laura replied, gesturing for the nurse to give the brunette her medication.

"Thank you, nurse" Regina sighed in relief, taking the pills from the woman.

She poured the small cup into her mouth before washing them down with water, swallowing all at once. Regina then placed the cup back in the nurses hand and gave her a weak smile, silently saying thank you. Without another word, Laura walked out of the room.

"She always looks like she has a cock up her ass" Rita said with a turned up nose, watching the woman leave.

Regina and Emma couldn't help but burst out laughing, having all thought the same thing. The small giggle that left the nurses lips set the rest off more; she definitely agreed. Regina's laughed soon died down as she felt a sharp pain in her stomach, quickly clinging to it.

"Son of a bitch"

"You ok, baby"

"Something hurts" Regina quickly said, taking deep breaths to ease it.

"It's the dose we gave you, it will hurt until it kicks in" the nurse replied, knowing this effects most differently.