chapter 2

Narrator POV.

"I will take care of you."

Izzy knew very well what he was going to do next. He continued hand in hand with duff, which as incredible as it seems did not even protest about it. Jeff knew where they were headed in the middle of the night. The street was silent, the only deck that could be heard was both breathing and hurried footsteps
they were almost at Stradlin's chosen spot for the two of them to settle down. At the end of the street there was a wood that bordered the rural part of town. In that same place in a tree house in the middle of the woods they shared many memories. Since children, those two always went there, in the old days to play and forget about your family problems, and now, to sometimes fall headlong into drugs, talk or kill time.

Izzy was still a bit nervous about having some physical contact with punk after so long. It still gave him the creeps. Duff felt the same, that was surely secretly reciprocated. Michael knew very well the fate of the path they were taking. Now they had entered the forest, many trees and strange noises occupied the ambient. A few more moments and they were already entering the clearing with a large tree in the center where the tree house was. The place was only lit by moonlight, they really had no idea how they got there. That little house was well maintained, although it had been around for a long time Izzy and Duff always took care for it to last.

Jeff let go of his best friend's hand only to get up the small stairs that were actually wooden boards nailed to the trunk of the tree. McKagan did the same, and soon the entrance hatch had been opened for both of them to get inside. Although both are not the most organized people in the world, they managed to keep the organization to a minimum, there were papers and some notebooks scattered around, sheets tacked to the wall with written things, pens also scattered on the wooden floor, in a lantern and at Michael's request they had two sleeping bags.

The albino who was the first to enter the room, sitting in a corner propped up against the wall. Duff did the same, taking a seat across from his best friend. It was always like that, when they fought, they would come to the tree house to try to resolve themselves as peacefully as they could, if that was possible at the time, of course.

"I really wanted to know why you did that." Michael said calmly, "That matter was not your concern, Jeffrey."

"That matter was not your concern" That hurt even more. Jeff knew it wasn't in his best interest, but it wasn't right to let his best friend get beaten up. And there really was something else, that feeling just didn't come out of him, just when Duff was down Izzy was down too, he always did everything to make McKagan better. He would just do anything for the punk.

"I...I really care about you!" Isbell raised his voice automatically directing his gaze to the hardwood floor
"Michael, I care... do you really think I would just watch that asshole punch you in the face without doing anything?" Duff felt himself shudder just hearing Izzy say his first name, he straightened up minimally, bracing himself even more in the wall. listening attentively to every word of the boy in front of you "with my brother out of town you and my mother are the only people I have left, the only ones that matter to me and that hurt like hell, it hurt to see a guy insulting you and hitting you. It hurt here " Stradlin pressed his hand against his chest "I don't know what it really is, the only thing i know is that i dont wanna lose you!" the albino felt his eyes start to water and looked away, sulking a little and trying to hold back the tears, but it wasn't enough because some tears were already tracing their paths down the brunette's pale cheeks. "I dont wanna lose you like i lose my father." his words came out almost as a whisper and he mentally hoped that michael had heard as he didn't want to have to repeat it

McKagan felt his world freeze. It was one of the most emotional things I had ever seen Izzy say. That moment in a way was special, it was really special for Duff to hear everything Isbell thought about him. That moment would never be forgotten. Michael managed to come back to reality, realized that his client was a boy he practically adored But there was a problem, he shed tears after tears, and he had the saddest expression I'd seen on his face in a long time.

Those deep, teary brown eyes stare at him. They stared with sad eyes, with a longing for an answer. The blond punk took a stand, stood up abruptly causing the creak of the semi-corroded wooden boards that formed the floor, strode over to the albino boy in the same room, grabbed one of his hands and made him get up. That was quite unexpected, the fact that Duff pulled Izzy into a hug, pressing him against the wall right away. They were dangerously close to each other, so much so that Jeff could feel Michael's calm breath against his face.

Isbell's heart was beating in a totally unsteady way, and his cheeks were flushed. That certainly wasn't normal, it wasn't normal to feel all these things just for a greater contact or a certain proximity. He felt the slight sigh before Punk uttered that simple, but very meaningful, word.

"Sorry..." Duff wiped a tear that insisted on falling down the albino's face, which in turn shivered with that simple touch "you know... that sometimes I'm a proud idiot..." fingers to one of Izzy's cheeks, staying there and caressing the spot "you are very important to me too, it's just that I'm an idiot sometimes...that's all."

"That's fine, Michael" Stradlin smiled minimally

They were still close, and duff was still watching every detail on izzy's face. he noticed how those flushed cheeks gave him a look that was kind of... lovely, how deep those eyes were and how those lips blended in splendidly with all the other features present in the albino. they remained like that for a few more seconds.

"Duff?" realized that he was still pressing the older one against the wall, walked away

"I'm sorry" he said, somewhat embarrassed to be watching the albino like that. Yawned after that.

"sleepy?" Duff just nodded "You need sleep. Come on, you can sleep at my house"

Izzy held Michael's hand for the second time in that day.